+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 46 to 58 of 58
General Chat Thread, i'm giving her all she's got captain. Need to let her RIP. in General; Originally Posted by Rawns How do I get to Rule 3?! Hind sight...
  1. #46

    LosOjos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    West Midlands
    Posts
    5,573
    Thank Post
    1,472
    Thanked 1,224 Times in 833 Posts
    Rep Power
    753
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawns View Post
    How do I get to Rule 3?!
    Hind sight

  2. Thanks to LosOjos from:

    Rawns (8th October 2013)

  3. #47
    Guest

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,754
    Thank Post
    1,458
    Thanked 491 Times in 375 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by LosOjos View Post
    Can't argue with the fact that you still get a lot more storage for your money with an HDD though, I'd still say that for the vast majority of gamers an affordable SSD is only going to be big enough for your OS and programs
    Getting there slowly. Got £500 to spare?

    Samsung 1TB SSD 840 EVO - SSD only | Ebuyer.com

  4. #48
    Sunnyknight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Above the clouds and under the core of the earth
    Posts
    1,490
    Thank Post
    123
    Thanked 127 Times in 90 Posts
    Rep Power
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawns View Post
    Getting there slowly. Got £500 to spare?

    Samsung 1TB SSD 840 EVO - SSD only | Ebuyer.com
    Actually considering buying that over a Pci-e SSD.... £400 cheaper and more storage....

  5. #49
    Guest

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,754
    Thank Post
    1,458
    Thanked 491 Times in 375 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyknight View Post
    Actually considering buying that over a Pci-e SSD.... £400 cheaper and more storage....
    £400 cheaper?! So you were looking at spending £900+ on SSD storage? You clearly have more money then sense, so why not go all out and get this:

    Hewlett-Packard 673648-B21 HP ioDrive2 Duo G2 IO Accelerator - Solid state drive - 2.41 TB - internal - PCI Express 2.0...

  6. #50
    Sunnyknight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Above the clouds and under the core of the earth
    Posts
    1,490
    Thank Post
    123
    Thanked 127 Times in 90 Posts
    Rep Power
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawns View Post
    £400 cheaper?! So you were looking at spending £900+ on SSD storage? You clearly have more money then sense, so why not go all out and get this:

    Hewlett-Packard 673648-B21 HP ioDrive2 Duo G2 IO Accelerator - Solid state drive - 2.41 TB - internal - PCI Express 2.0...
    Haters be hating

  7. #51
    flyinghaggis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,048
    Thank Post
    105
    Thanked 76 Times in 59 Posts
    Rep Power
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by dany2010 View Post
    No gran Turismo on either .
    Just sold the Xbox as I'm not paying half my wages to play online.

    Think it will be ps3 but I have to decide if I want PC to.
    Buy an Xbox One with Forza (it's better than GT anyway) and Battlefield 4.

    Job done and you'll have a next-gen console which will last you another 7-8 years assuming it doesn't follow in the footsteps on the 360 and RROD after 18 months
    Last edited by flyinghaggis; 8th October 2013 at 09:18 PM.

  8. #52

    X-13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    /dev/null
    Posts
    9,473
    Thank Post
    633
    Thanked 2,117 Times in 1,453 Posts
    Blog Entries
    19
    Rep Power
    882
    Quote Originally Posted by flyinghaggis View Post
    Buy an Xbox One with Forza (it's better than GT anyway) and Battlefield 4.
    He just said he sold his 360 because he doesn't want to pay for online play... Why would you suggest the Xbone that does that as well?

  9. #53

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    628
    Thank Post
    87
    Thanked 21 Times in 19 Posts
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by flyinghaggis View Post
    Buy an Xbox One with Forza (it's better than GT anyway) and Battlefield 4.

    Job done and you'll have a next-gen console which will last you another 7-8 years assuming it doesn't follow in the footsteps on the 360 and RROD after 18 months
    Got the logitech g25 steering wheel which isn't compatible with Xbox. Racing with a controller does nothing for me. Also costs to go online.

    both the 360 and ps3 had issues when they first came out so would wait anyway I think.

    840 Evo is apparently between standard and pro. Speed closer to the pro but cheaper as it uses the 840 standard flash tech.

  10. #54
    flyinghaggis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,048
    Thank Post
    105
    Thanked 76 Times in 59 Posts
    Rep Power
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by dany2010 View Post
    Got the logitech g25 steering wheel which isn't compatible with Xbox. Racing with a controller does nothing for me. Also costs to go online.
    Fair point. Sounds like Sony and Microsoft are both going to make subscriptions mandatory for online play with the next gen consoles. GT6 is out next month on PS3 so that probably makes more sense for yourself if the online sub is a deal breaker and you already have a compatible wheel.

    I'm getting the impression you'd rather put the cash towards uprgading your PC rather than buying a next gen console anyway!

  11. #55

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    628
    Thank Post
    87
    Thanked 21 Times in 19 Posts
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by flyinghaggis View Post
    Fair point. Sounds like Sony and Microsoft are both going to make subscriptions mandatory for online play with the next gen consoles. GT6 is out next month on PS3 so that probably makes more sense for yourself if the online sub is a deal breaker and you already have a compatible wheel.

    I'm getting the impression you'd rather put the cash towards uprgading your PC rather than buying a next gen console anyway!
    Yeah I've read somewhere that both the ps4 and one will charge for online. (might have been here but signal is terrible so can't go back pages).

    Just did the Argos offer ps3, gta5, last of us for £199. Need something to do in my time off now.

    PC will come next.

    Gotta try and find the car now. Can't remember what street and in what direction it's in so trying to remember where I walked. 30 mins left on the ticket.

  12. #56

    LosOjos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    West Midlands
    Posts
    5,573
    Thank Post
    1,472
    Thanked 1,224 Times in 833 Posts
    Rep Power
    753
    Quote Originally Posted by dany2010 View Post
    Gotta try and find the car now. Can't remember what street and in what direction it's in so trying to remember where I walked. 30 mins left on the ticket.
    You on Android? Get this app

    Carr Matey

  13. #57

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    628
    Thank Post
    87
    Thanked 21 Times in 19 Posts
    Rep Power
    11
    found it after wondering through some abandoned part of the shopping centre at aldershot.

    After playing payday 2 on pc and bf4 on ps3 I have to say I think I prefer ps3 for racing games and pc for shooters.

    You get used to the controls but you do do a bit of aiming wiggle (to Far either way).

    That means a new PC for me next month for web it's released.

  14. #58

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    628
    Thank Post
    87
    Thanked 21 Times in 19 Posts
    Rep Power
    11
    found it after wondering through some abandoned part of the shopping centre at aldershot.

    After playing payday 2 on pc and bf4 on ps3 I have to say I think I prefer ps3 for racing games and pc for shooters.

    You get used to the controls but you do do a bit of aiming wiggle (to Far either way).

    That means a new PC for me next month for web it's released.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Similar Threads

  1. Anyone got msn? need somone to help me
    By TornUp in forum Coding
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 21st May 2008, 11:06 AM
  2. [Pics] She just couldn't wait to spend that money...
    By mattx in forum Jokes/Interweb Things
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 20th March 2008, 03:06 PM
  3. Anyone got a HP to Netgear VLAN working?
    By ChrisH in forum Wireless Networks
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 7th December 2006, 11:14 AM
  4. All i need to know
    By danIT in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 14th July 2006, 06:55 AM
  5. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12th September 2005, 10:47 AM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •