+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
General Chat Thread, Computers for Schools Scheme, anyone running this yet? in General; Originally Posted by mortstar Originally Posted by kylewilliamson Anybody here from coventry and been involved/seen cutter/european electronique's sun thin client ...

Thank Post

Re: Computers for Schools Scheme, anyone running this yet?

Quote Originally Posted by mortstar
    Quote Originally Posted by kylewilliamson
    Anybody here from coventry and been involved/seen cutter/european electronique's sun thin client rig up?
    I've seen the setup working at Sun MicroSystems office on Warwick University Science Park, but I know for a fact that our list of pupils hasn't been handed to Redstone to provide the ADSL line in the home.
    Hmmm, ok.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,752 Times in 1,511 Posts
    Blog Entries

We had a delivery of 62 laptops yesterday. We are sending them out and having nothing to do with them after that. I managed to set-up about half of them today (taking note of the pupil who its going to, taking the serial number and the Windows product key and preparing a letter for the parent to sign).
    Z

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,071 Times in 762 Posts

Have just been handed the first list and as far as i am aware it is our lea that has the problems if any to deal with as adsl is being installed as part of the deal and i have been told they are to be monitored via a server at the LEA.
    Well i won't be holding my breath but will keep all informed of progress.

Thank Post
    As far as we've been told, we'll have nothing to do with them once they've been distributed. Insurance cover, 3G connection, software and any other peripherals are all the responsibility of the company providing the laptops. All (!) we've got to do is make a note of the serial numbers and who they're going to (this will be decided shortly) never to see them again. Each school was/will be given a sum of money, not unadjacent to £9000 to cover the cost of doing this, though I'm not sure if this figure rises or falls with the number of laptops being given out per school.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,752 Times in 1,511 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Beeswax thatís what we thought! If there is any damage or if the laptops need re-imaging its up to it support to diagnose the problem and send it off for repairs. If it needs an image IT support do it at the school. XMA will not do any of the work they will not even talk to parents about the issues they will only talk to IT support at the school. As we are in the same area you will have the same.

We have had 3 damaged laptops and one laptop needing imaging back in 4 weeks.

Beeswax, should you need a disc with the image on you know my e-mail. Oh and also you will get your insurance through for the laptops all in separate envelopes and it says you need to activate each one but ours was already done.

Z

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12