+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, [TV] Burn Notice Final in General; Wow, just seen the final of Burn Notice and it is good, sad but good, especially the very end. Anyone ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,570 Times in 2,187 Posts
    Blog Entries

[TV] Burn Notice Final

Wow, just seen the final of Burn Notice and it is good, sad but good, especially the very end. Anyone else into Burn Notice and has seen the final?

Thank Post
    I'd kind of forgotten about Burn Notice. Was watching it regularly until middle of last year. I'll have to catch up.

Thank Post
    Currently watching the last series on Sky, presuming there aren't many episodes left

Thank Post
    Just waiting for the last couple of episodes to air on FX... it's been a good series

Thank Post
    I watch it on Freesat, so I think I have a long wait. Excellent series, so good I've been buying it on DVD.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,310 Times in 1,786 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Just watched it. Great ending!

Thank Post
    Watched it Sunday - was a good ending, but felt it was a bit cobbled together with his Mum (Trying my best not to put spoilers!).

The last few seconds were a bit silly if it'd been done in any other show, but it seemed to play off just fine.

Sets it up nicely for the spin-off though.

Thank Post
    Yeah I saw the final - without giving too much away, I always knew the ending would be what it was - I had faith, although the death was unexpected - I agree with @happymeal that Maddys part in the final wasn't as polished as it could have been and did feel like a lot had been cut out. They could have ramped up the emotion by a factor of 10 really easily and didn't - I had the tissues ready and felt cheated when I could barely squeeze out enough tears to moisten my eyelashes. I adore Jesse and his part could have been so much more awesome than it was. Even the funeral wasn't quite emotional enough (although I loved that Barry was there lol). I loved the little quotes from the intro popping up all over the place though.

It has to be said that this whole season I've found Michaels mission really oblique - this mysterious 'organisation' that are so deadly and dangerous yet make such silly mistakes. It was never clear to me even from the outset of the season what exactly the threat was - they could have done with a concrete climactic event that Michael was working to prevent - you know, the usual: thermonuclear war, bio-terrorism, fire sale, hell, even a Guy Fawkes, as it was the plot seemed to play second fiddle to the teeth gnashing and Sam stating the obvious a lot.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,310 Times in 1,786 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I have to say, some of the season was unrealistic. Like the snatch and grab mission a couple of episodes back. It just didn't have the realism I'd've expected - shooting at armoured vehicles with AK47s? Really? They knew they'd be armoured...

Thank Post
    Oh yeah - some of the stuff they did was over the top, or borderline realistic - but it was fun.

Like when they took on the car gang that stole the cars - they created a phosphorus charge which melted through the engine using a tin can and flares, created a small charge to blow a door off using det cord, a floor tile, and some glue.

Or when they tried to catch the child molester a few seasons back when Michael dressed as a guy in a suit and blew a lot of stuff up.

But it was enjoyable - there was effort put into it. The last season felt like it was just tying up the loose ends.

Still - Sons of Anarchy is back on TV now, followed by the Walking Dead. This will fill the hole left by Burn Notice and Dexter.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread