+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
General Chat Thread, I hate to say this but.... in General; Originally Posted by witch Oh, now, reallly @ mattx ? You, hating to say something? Hard to believe Watch it ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by witch View Post
    Oh, now, reallly @mattx?
    You, hating to say something?
    Hard to believe
    Watch it you......

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,050 Times in 919 Posts
    Also fed up of Orange / EE here, signal is naff i can watch my phone have 3G+ down to no signal whilst sitting on my desk in-front of me, took me 40 minutes to get it to not drop a call to Voicemail the other day, cannot access data most of the time its a joke. They told me its due to excess 2G masts in my area -_- well that's nice but doesn't help me. When I broke down on the edge of the M4 the other week it took 4 goes to call the RAC off my phone as it was dropping calls all the time so I had to resort to my work Blackberry on O2 which worked perfectly thank god for a Blackberry (Never imagined I'd be saying that!!)

Needless to say I will be getting very shouty at Orange / EE as I'm paying for a phone I cannot use and they cannot really say its a rural area issue as I'm in London! Yet it was just as bad in Rural Yorkshire where Orange / EE are the only firm with Signal

Thank Post
    Virgin are fudging terrible! I've never had any major problems with my service, though. I'm with EE (formerly Orange, not T-Mobile, I don't know if their support is still separate?) and I'm always able to get a good service out of them. If there's a problem with my net I get through to them near-instantly (unless it's around 5-6pm, but realistically that's when everybody rings call centres) and the fact that they're open until 11pm is a nice bonus. Their call centre staff might not be quite as knowledgeable as us lot, but usually (besides that one instance....) they're good enough to be able to fire off the call to wherever it needs to go and get me sorted. Coincidentally, I was on the phone to them last night sorting out an upgrade to my contract and that went fine, too.

As for non-call-centre lark, signal is always three or four (full) bars for me apart from when I'm at work (but nobody gets signal here unless you're on the top floor, due to the building construction) and the internet is nice and snappy on the rare occasion I use it. My fibre at home can't be faulted for performance (although there have been a few 'blips', they're few and far between).. Oh, and they give me discounts

Overall I can't say I have much of a problem with them.
    [/SHILL]
    Last edited by Garacesh; 12th September 2013 at 12:37 PM.

Thank Post
    I am definitely inclined to agree about them being absolutely crap, unless your joining them new, like me and the wife were last year, then they could not do enough for you, 2x free iphones then and even throwing money at us in form of free months x2 each.

They were appalling in helping to close down all my sisters affairs after she passed away suddenly this year, repeated phone calls and letters to both EE and orange got absolutely nowhere in relation to closing her account down afterwards, even after I sent them all the details they needed straight after her death was registered, they even kept her account open purposely in my mind to see if they could get more cash out of her, as after I sent them the details, they still debited nearly 40 out of her account in the closing of that.

Forgot to add : I switched from O2 to these and my signal is nowhere near as good in the area I work in now, thats my only other beef with them since switching.
    Last edited by rich_tech; 12th September 2013 at 12:52 PM.

Thank Post
    Vodaphone have taken 4 weeks to attempt to transfer a number from one account to the other...... .morons im glad im not dealing with them.
    poor chap in my dept somehow got landed with it

Thank Post
    Well I had to ring orange tonight to cancel the sim on the wifes lost/stolen S3 Mini...

Took about 6 minuets to get answered and it was handled ok.

3.5 for a replacement sim though

Hope the phone turns up as it's 18 months to the next free upgrade..

Rob

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mattx View Post
    .....I think EE / Orange customer services is worse than Virgins....
    Why do you hate to say it? It's true...

Orange customer service is a pain - they frequently just hang up on you. I've given up. Although here is a nifty trick - if you select whichever menu options relate to 'You're thinking of leaving us', you'll get through to someone REALLY fast and then tell them you came through to them because you're sick of the terrible service etc etc and want to leave - you'll get help pretty sharpish.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AMLightfoot View Post
    Although here is a nifty trick - if you select whichever menu options relate to 'You're thinking of leaving us', you'll get through to someone REALLY fast and then tell them you came through to them because you're sick of the terrible service etc etc and want to leave - you'll get help pretty sharpish.
    Every company will do this. It's called the 'Retention Department'.
    I honestly haven't had any of the problems you're all griping about though and I've been with them four years now.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12