+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
General Chat Thread, Google announces Android 4.4 "KitKat" in General; Originally Posted by LosOjos Unbelievably so. For all Steve Jobs' faults, Apple does seem a shadow of it's former self. ...

-28° 31' 48.89", +28° 25' 37.42" ... if only.
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LosOjos View Post
    Unbelievably so. For all Steve Jobs' faults, Apple does seem a shadow of it's former self. I've never been a fan of Apple myself, not because I dislike the products (they're fine, just overpriced), but I can't deny they knew good marketing and it seems Jobs had more to do with that than you might expect from someone so high up the chain - I can't remember the last time I even saw an advert for an Apple product.
    Not watched much TV or been to the cinema then? Apple product placement is rife in the little TV I watch.

My partner has an iphone and and ipad. She has no idea how to use either. People hear iphone and think they are the only option. I'll turn her to Android one day.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,267 Times in 860 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by creese View Post
    Not watched much TV or been to the cinema then? Apple product placement is rife in the little TV I watch.
    OK that was bad wording on my part, I should have said I don't remember the last time I saw a memorable Apple ad product placement sails right over my head - I either ignore it or, if it's really in your face, make a mental note to avoid that product and it's pushy owners.

Quote Originally Posted by creese View Post
    My partner has an iphone and and ipad. She has no idea how to use either. People hear iphone and think they are the only option. I'll turn her to Android one day.
    Yeah unfortunately the term iPhone has become synonymous with smart phone - though it could be argued that's an example of good marketing from Apple (when I say good I mean effective, whether it's deceptive, ridiculous, downright false or otherwise)

-28° 31' 48.89", +28° 25' 37.42" ... if only.
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LosOjos View Post
    OK that was bad wording on my part, I should have said I don't remember the last time I saw a memorable Apple ad product placement sails right over my head - I either ignore it or, if it's really in your face, make a mental note to avoid that product and it's pushy owners.
    I'm the same normally, but for various reasons have been taking a close look at marketing lately and a lot of people do not ignore it. They see Siri and have no idea there are a number of alternatives on Android. they also fail to read the 'Sequences are shortened on thi advertisement , to con you into believing iPhones are fast'

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,914 Times in 2,145 Posts
    KitKat has gone flat! It looks very ChromeOS'y.

Edit. Possibly fake too.

Last edited by Arthur; 22nd September 2013 at 02:19 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,134 Times in 868 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I have a genuine query. Yes, read it as "Syn is an Apple hater" because we all know that's true, but anyone that knows me also knows I stay unbiased on the products.

IOS7 is 900MB.

Why?

Jellybean, a far more featureful and capable mobile OS is 160MB.

Where's the difference? I'm assuming it's not chock full of pointless images, is there something therefore that I'm missing?
    What makes it worse is that IOS has far, far less to do - not dissimilar to OSX vs Windows in the task at hand. Android is customised a little for each handset naturally so it's less "wide" than Windows per se, but 740MB is a hell of a lot.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by synaesthesia View Post
    IOS7 is 900MB.
    Jellybean, a far more featureful and capable mobile OS is 160MB.

Where's the difference?
    Samsung's "Android" for the S3 is a mere 1.2GB!

Currently using android, but in that additional space, at least Apple managed to put in automatic proxy detection, and a usable GUI for 802.1x wireless.

7. Thanks to DMcCoy from:

mac_shinobi (22nd September 2013)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12