+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Just got 60 months on Linkedin, free. in General; Linked in are offering 60 months free upgrade to Job Seeker Premium Account on Linkedin. Any other Ex-Servicemen want an ...

-28 31' 48.89", +28 25' 37.42" ... if only.
    Thank Post

Just got 60 months on Linkedin, free.

Linked in are offering 60 months free upgrade to Job Seeker Premium Account on Linkedin.

Any other Ex-Servicemen want an upgrade? PM me and I'll send details how to get it. It's all quite genuine.

Thank Post
    Pee's me off that!

I have nothing against ex service personnel or anyone else for that matter who basically goes out and does a good job but I do feel discriminated against when these sort of offers are done.

You always hear of deals for one thing or another for teachers, nurses, firemen etc but hardly ever for the normal working man/woman!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,211 Times in 761 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bodminman View Post
    I have nothing against ex service personnel or anyone else for that matter who basically goes out and does a good job but I do feel discriminated against when these sort of offers are done.
    Easy, just become a member of service personnel and get some offers when you leave. The TA are always recruiting mate.

4. Thanks to AngryTechnician from:

bodminman (8th August 2013)

Thank Post
    It's not often the 'normal working man/woman get's shot at, or shot or is in daily danger of, during his/her working day.

For me it was the first & third options.

6. Thanks to creese from:

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by creese View Post
    It's not often the 'normal working man/woman get's shot at, or shot or is in daily danger of, during his/her working day.

For me it was the first & third options.
    I totally agree with you. I just don't see why all these groups tend to get the 'offers' and the special discount cards etc etc etc.

Thank Post
    I totally agree with you. I just don't see why all these groups tend to get the 'offers' and the special discount cards etc etc etc.
    You have confused me :-)

'They' get the offers for the examples I listed. I'm not deeply into the American Bleeding Heart type thing, but this I do agree with. There are not a lot of deals for ex-servicemen of well over a dozen I knew who can't claim any benefits because they didn't survive the 70's.

Many other groups get discounts, heavy coffee drinkers, Local Authority workers, the elderly. Ultimately it is the choice of the individual company to give as they see fitting.

Thank Post
    What i meant was I agree that it's not often that the normal working person will be shot at or indeed shot.

I should have been clearer. Obviously it is the choice of the companies and I'm not having a go at the people within the 'groups' who receive said discounts etc. Apologies if I did come across as having a go at the people and not the companies.

Thank Post
    Apologies if I did come across as having a go at the people and not the companies.
    No need to apologise, I was just not sure what you disagreed with. One of the main reasons I joined up was to keep the country and Europe free for people to have their own opinions and not be attacked for doing so. Unless they threatened someone's life that is.

To help you a bit, maybe, in regards to ex-servicemen. This are a disproportionate number of ex-servicemen on the street, jobless and homeless. It is not an easy transition to civvy street and the way of working. I'm still having problems with Local Government ways of working after 12 years, so much so I need a different job. I need to think for myself and, unreasonably it seems, expect others to do so. I expect decisions to be made and people to take the consequences of wrong decisions not thought through, again unreasonably it seems.

Yes I need to get a new job, soon.

11. Thanks to creese from:

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread