+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Anyone have Citrix NetScaler? in General; I'm running the 90 day trial and I need version 1.7 of the NetScaler Web Interface - it's called nswi-1.7.tgz ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,032 Times in 812 Posts

Anyone have Citrix NetScaler?

I'm running the 90 day trial and I need version 1.7 of the NetScaler Web Interface - it's called nswi-1.7.tgz
    The trial version doesn't seem to allow me to download the web interface and it doesn't appear on MyCitrix !

Without the Web Interface I'm a bit screwed as I'll have to install it on (yet another) server which was the whole point of using NetScaler in the first place!

I'd be eternally grateful if someone with a full license could send me nswi-1.7.tgz

TIA

Thank Post
    Surprisingly few Citrix users here it seems..

anyhow, I raised a support call with Citrix and they downloaded the web interface for me.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberNerd View Post
    Surprisingly few Citrix users here it seems..

anyhow, I raised a support call with Citrix and they downloaded the web interface for me.

We are about to put NS into the test environmnet in order to replace the CSG. Are you using Netscaler ADC?

Rob

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by twin--turbo View Post
    We are about to put NS into the test environmnet in order to replace the CSG. Are you using Netscaler ADC?

Rob
    Yes. I've installed the ESXi appliance and will be using Netscaler VPX gateway.
    It's a bit of an uphill struggle tbh. The manual is 5500 pages! and it is quite a lot to take in.
    The ultimate goal is for in-browser HTML5 windows applications.

Perhaps we could work together and open on an ongoing thread if your goal is similar?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,134 Times in 1,030 Posts
    I think @EduTech has installed this before

Thank Post
    I think I'm going to need all the help I can get Infact I'm not even sure I need WI at all because I'm starting to think storefront is a replacement for it ??
    Storefront and Netscaler Gateway certainly seem to be requirements for the HTML5 receiver, but I'm not sure where the web interface sits? My initial thought was that I needed it to sit in the DMZ with the netscaler and have that forward to storefront for HTML access to apps? So any guidance would be appreciated I'm a bit lost.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Hi,

I don't mind working on this with you, if we can maybe have a chat and try and put a plan of action together. If you have sometime free in the evenings we can have a look into this for you.

Thanks,
    James.

Thank Post
    Hi James,
    That would be great. I went full steam ahead and installed it in the DMZ without fully understanding SNIPs,VIP's,MIP's and NSIP's. ( I since found a rather good explanation)

So first questions are:

one armed or two?
    Do I actually need WebInterface or has this been superseded by StoreFront? I now think I don't need it.
    I was planning on installing StoreFront on each XenApp server is this OTT?. Should the StoreFront live in the DMZ if its one armed?
    Does the load balancer require an extra license? Is it necessary for 11 XenApp servers or overkill?
    Can I use self signed certs on the StoreFront server/s?
    Thanks

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Hi Mate, the answer to your questions are as follows:

One armed is fine for “doing everything” on one network – two armed for bridging networks. Depends on what the customer wants . I like two armed to have a leg in the DMZ, and let Netscaler pass 443 traffic to the LAN once Netscaler has authenticated the user. Some customers prefer to have the Netscaler only in the DMZ, or only use the netscaler to load balance in one network ,etc.

Sotrefront has superceeded Web Interface. WI is still supported, but no new versions will be coming out – Storefront 2.0 is the latest version.

Storefront on XenApp is ok for POC, but for production you would have Storefront on its own servers. One SF for POC is fine – minimum two for production as its designed for this. One SF can handle thoustands of users typically, so two SF will handle a lot of users and provide resilience.

Citrix Netscaler Gateway is just the gateway. Netscaler ADC has the gateway and load balancing and lots of other exciting stuff included.

The number of XenApp servers depends on the user load, network topology (multiple DCs, siloing of apps, etc). 11 XenApp server instances would typically support around 300 – 400 users but depends on the apps. You can run many instances on one physical host.

Self signed can be used for POC but you have to do a registry hack. Unless of course your servers and client trust your CA and have uploaded the necessarys then self-signed is fine. For the $4 a SSL from GoDaddy I get proper certs myself, and have a few – one for internal Storefront, one for Netscaler public, one for Netscaler Internal.

I hope that helps,

Regards,
    James.

10. Thanks to EduTech from:

CyberNerd (9th August 2013)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread