+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
General Chat Thread, Room 101... in General; I agree hayjo86 - thing is people tend to believe what is reported in the press and what they see ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 625 Posts

Re: Room 101...

I agree hayjo86 - thing is people tend to believe what is reported in the press and what they see on TV.

Thank Post

No your right having your "5" analyzed shouldn't happen....

But disease made a point of sayin immigrants and in brackets all of them.

So thought i would make a point and say how i felt on it.

He allowed his opinion, so others can to!

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by hayjo86
    Wats this "get rid of immigrants"?

Think you will find that most people in this country are decendants from immigrants of some kind. Yes, even white people. When the romans ruled and settled in uk for a while they were suprise, suprise immigrants.

Im sick to death of people seeing a non-white and thinking he or she is an immigrant and is putting a strain on the econmy.

What about all the jobless, slobs that are claiming benefits for themselves and their 9 kids? Think that is a bit of a strain dont you?
    I was not offering an opinion though, I was just stating what I would put in.

No one mentioned colour. I could not care if you were white green or purple.

The Romans were conquerer's and not immigrants, slight difference there, if you think they are the same then see point 3 of my 5 as you could come under that :P

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by hayjo86
    No your right having your "5" analyzed shouldn't happen....

But disease made a point of sayin immigrants and in brackets all of them.

So thought i would make a point and say how i felt on it.

He allowed his opinion, so others can to!
    Ahhh i see....well not all of them of course. Hell, I would lose half the liverpool football team if I was against *all* of them

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,489 Times in 1,930 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Disease
    But you are picking which ones you consider to be the poorer party, who says that by putting Microsoft into the room you destroy innovation because the 2 smaller companies no longer have to fight big bad Microsoft.

Now that they have 50% each of the market place instead of the 10% they had between them they they no longer feel the need to innovate so they just sit and stagnate. All three destinies are entwined together you see :P
    Because I have made a judgement on what I see is the best solution for the OS market - And those 2 wouldn't have 50% each. What about ZetaOS, BSD, and the fact that there are hundreds of linux distros? Or Solaris? etc... betweem that lot, innovation has been amazing, when you look at MS, they have stagnated.

And on the immigrant point - sorry but those people who think immigration is a bad thing should wake up. Why is the UK so good for immigrants? Because there are lots of jobs that our fat slobs don't want to do. Without immigration, the country would be seriously in trouble... There is a shortage of workers in the south west but easten european immigrants are doing a fine job of filling them. Look at immigration with a more open mind.

Thank Post

i had to get involved in this one... the romans were conquerors?!? that is true, but the people who stayed beind in the countries which were conquered then became "SETTLERS" and these people are in fact immigrants... so hayjo86 is right!!!

"disease" i'm not going to say you should watch what you say, but I'll put it nicely... in order to preserve tranquility on the world wide web which we all use it is best to use some decorum and be sensitive to others feelings...

thank you

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by localzuk
    And on the immigrant point - sorry but those people who think immigration is a bad thing should wake up. Why is the UK so good for immigrants? Because there are lots of jobs that our fat slobs don't want to do. Without immigration, the country would be seriously in trouble... There is a shortage of workers in the south west but easten european immigrants are doing a fine job of filling them. Look at immigration with a more open mind.
    You are confusing the need with immigration with the need for the government to get tougher on Dole Louts. Make the dole and benefits less desirable to live on and pthe jobs will be filled by the so called lazy fat slobs. It would kill 2 birds with one stone, get fat lazy slobs back to work, and stop the rampant influx of immigrants who strain our NHS and benefits systems. Immigrants only come here because they see free council houses and free money. Stop and ask youself why these immigrants and assylum seekers don't stay in Africa or Spain or Italy or Germany ETC and they all end up here.

Thank Post

Immigrants only come here because they see free council houses and free money.
    They don't get free council houses - you have been reading the Daily Mail haven't you ?

Thank Post

Wow....somewhere along the line, this jovial light hearted thread for a little bit of fun suddenly took a turn to a serious , more opinionated, approval or disapproval of peoples personal opinions and vastly less fun thread.

I vote we go back to the OS Wars with the delicious Phillipa Forrester part, that was much more pleasing

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by ashes87
    i had to get involved in this one... the romans were conquerors?!? that is true, but the people who stayed beind in the countries which were conquered then became "SETTLERS" and these people are in fact immigrants... so hayjo86 is right!!!

"disease" i'm not going to say you should watch what you say, but I'll put it nicely... in order to preserve tranquility on the world wide web which we all use it is best to use some decorum and be sensitive to others feelings...

thank you
    They are still conquerers the fact that they stayed changes nothing. That would mean that the american soldiers in Iraq are classed as immigrants.

I am not going to watch what I say because someone might be upset, thats censorship and can be number 6 for me in room 101. Some people on here will think I am a d*ckhead which is fine it's an opinion and is as valid as any other, it does not bother me if you feel this way as it does not upset me.

Thank Post

Well I got a free council house and I am from the Ukraine!

Thank Post

Asylum seekers receive benefits below the basic benefits level. A single adult receives only £37.77 per week in addition to accommodation and utilities – this is around 30% below the basic level of Income Support for a UK citizen, which is generally considered as the minimum level of income necessary to maintain an acceptable standard of living. Those with additional needs (such as pregnant women, families with young children, people with disabilities, victims of torture and the elderly) are also not entitled to additional special needs provisions or ‘passported’ benefits on the same terms as UK citizens.

Thank Post

Seriously - if you're going to be racist in a public forum then people are going to get angry that you don't keep your pathetic 'Daily Mail' ideas to yourself. I realise that no-one mentioned colour of skin but that's not the only way you can be racist.

I have people from Poland, Portugal, Spain and France in my daily life and they are far from the what the media will have small-minded, ignorant people believing.. and they're all white!

People come to England to work and are held back if they cannot become a citizen because they cannot pay taxes. Immigrants are the hardest working people I've had the pleasure to work with.

Thank Post

Thanks ashes87.

Disease you need to realise that without immigrants, just how localzuk sed, there would be many problems.

I dont really know your attitude on immigration, but i think if wat you have already sed is anything to go by, then u wont last very long. Immigrants aint goin to go away, y cos we need them and they help the economy massively.

Doctors, Nurses, Builders, and many other skilled jobs are occupied by a good percentage of immigrants...if disease had his way, we wud b up shit creek without toilet paper!

Thank Post

Perhaps we should be persecuting some to the lay-about dole scum so they feel lucky that they can apply for asylum elsewhere in the world - I can recommend some places...

</rant>

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast