+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 42 of 42
General Chat Thread, Is it me ? Twitter in General; Indeed, in most cases, anonymity is simply an illusion....
  1. #31

    localzuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Minehead
    Posts
    17,528
    Thank Post
    513
    Thanked 2,406 Times in 1,862 Posts
    Blog Entries
    24
    Rep Power
    822
    Indeed, in most cases, anonymity is simply an illusion.

  2. #32
    Marci's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Wakefield, West Yorkshire
    Posts
    882
    Thank Post
    84
    Thanked 233 Times in 192 Posts
    Rep Power
    82

  3. #33
    Gibbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    893
    Thank Post
    206
    Thanked 343 Times in 238 Posts
    Rep Power
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by mattx View Post
    Maybe I should have said something along the lines of if you are going to post something on twitter that you may know may cause a reaction from bigotted morons, don't expect not to have at least some backlash. Then when the press gets involved you know its going to get worse.
    Is your thread in response to this news story?

    Bomb threats on Twitter made against female journalists
    BBC News - Bomb threats on Twitter made against female journalists

    I think sometimes you don't consider the big picture on some subjects, same with your thread about the child porn on Google. Have a word with your local CEOP representative and you'll find it does exist.

  4. #34

    mattx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    9,236
    Thank Post
    1,057
    Thanked 1,067 Times in 624 Posts
    Rep Power
    740
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
    Is your thread in response to this news story?

    Bomb threats on Twitter made against female journalists
    BBC News - Bomb threats on Twitter made against female journalists

    I think sometimes you don't consider the big picture on some subjects, same with your thread about the child porn on Google. Have a word with your local CEOP representative and you'll find it does exist.
    I consider the big picture thanks very much. I have no idea who my CEOP representative is, even if I did I would probably know a darn site more than them.

  5. #35
    Gibbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    893
    Thank Post
    206
    Thanked 343 Times in 238 Posts
    Rep Power
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by mattx View Post
    I have no idea who my CEOP representative is, even if I did I would probably know a darn site more than them.
    Yeah, sure you would. You don't even know that Google can be used to find and link to child porn. I sincerely hope you're not in charge of a school's IT systems.

  6. #36

    mattx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    9,236
    Thank Post
    1,057
    Thanked 1,067 Times in 624 Posts
    Rep Power
    740
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
    Yeah, sure you would. You don't even know that Google can be used to find and link to child porn. I sincerely hope you're not in charge of a school's IT systems.
    Nope, I'm in charge of a far more complex global setup.

  7. #37

    localzuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Minehead
    Posts
    17,528
    Thank Post
    513
    Thanked 2,406 Times in 1,862 Posts
    Blog Entries
    24
    Rep Power
    822
    Quote Originally Posted by mattx View Post
    Nope, I'm in charge of a far more complex global setup.
    That has nothing to do with child protection. So, the point still remains.

  8. #38

    GREED's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Portsmouth
    Posts
    2,938
    Thank Post
    361
    Thanked 354 Times in 290 Posts
    Blog Entries
    8
    Rep Power
    172
    Have we got a little personal in this thread?? Perhaps back the the OP?

  9. #39

    localzuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Minehead
    Posts
    17,528
    Thank Post
    513
    Thanked 2,406 Times in 1,862 Posts
    Blog Entries
    24
    Rep Power
    822
    Quote Originally Posted by GREED View Post
    Have we got a little personal in this thread?? Perhaps back the the OP?
    Mattx is the OP... Everything has been on topic and to the point that I can see, all relating to internet abuse and crime.

  10. #40

    GREED's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Portsmouth
    Posts
    2,938
    Thank Post
    361
    Thanked 354 Times in 290 Posts
    Blog Entries
    8
    Rep Power
    172
    Original point. And I'm talking about the personal back and forth going on...

  11. #41

    mattx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    9,236
    Thank Post
    1,057
    Thanked 1,067 Times in 624 Posts
    Rep Power
    740
    Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    That has nothing to do with child protection. So, the point still remains.
    Interesting, just wondering how you know that ?

  12. #42

    localzuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Minehead
    Posts
    17,528
    Thank Post
    513
    Thanked 2,406 Times in 1,862 Posts
    Blog Entries
    24
    Rep Power
    822
    Quote Originally Posted by mattx View Post
    Interesting, just wondering how you know that ?
    Think you misunderstood. My comment was that whatever "system" you manage is irrelevant, the original point was that you don't seem to understand child protection - not knowing who your CEOP person is (if you work with kids anyway, but then if you don't, that'd render your reply null anyway), the fact, as commented by someone else, that you dont think child pornography can be found on Google etc...

    It all comes back to the original subject - no-one should face abuse online, it should he easier to tackle it and this affects kids too.

  13. Thanks to localzuk from:

    Gibbo (7th August 2013)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 18th September 2009, 06:20 PM
  2. Is it me ?
    By mattx in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10th October 2008, 03:32 PM
  3. Holidays - unfair or is it me?!
    By Paid_Peanuts in forum General Chat
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 19th September 2007, 12:13 PM
  4. Is it me or is the site a bit slow today?
    By Kyle in forum General Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 5th November 2006, 06:22 PM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •