+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, FPV Quadcopter Awesome Crash in River and Scuba Diver Recovery in General; Hi All, Oh dear, my Quadcopter spent over 24hrs at the bottom of a river. Here are the results of ...

Thank Post

Thumbs up FPV Quadcopter Awesome Crash in River and Scuba Diver Recovery

Hi All,
    Oh dear, my Quadcopter spent over 24hrs at the bottom of a river. Here are the results of the recovered footage and how the flight was meant to happen.

Best viewed full screen @1080p

Well after a good cleaning with distilled water and many days drying out, the damage was quite minimal:
    1x 2200mAh 3S 25C Lipo - registered 0.05v. I had borrowed this from my spotter CamSump (sorry mate)
    1x 20Amp ESC - it still ran the motor but at very low RPM and was twitchy
    1x Sony PZ0420 Camera - Works perfect indoors but no longer reacts to light outside (white wash)

The flights in the video are in reverse order. I had a great flight and landed without issues, the battery alarm was not going off but I knew power was low. As I was taking my FatShark goggles off one of my spotters mentioned they saw a Common Crane (bird) in a tree, so me being someone that want to capture everything via my Quadcopter thought I would 'just' pop up to get a shot, Bad move!. I miss judge the speed I am descending and apply throttle too late.

About 10 minutes of underwater footage was recovered only due to the battery in the GoPro Hero 3 Black Edition running out. The GoPro footage captured about 25 fish in total and had the sound of Lee (spotter) and I diving into the water in search of the Quad. Underwater we could hear the battery alarm and ESC's bleeping away but could not pin point its location with only half a meters visibility in very cold murky water.

Thank you SO much to my friend Basil Brush (nickname) for coming to my Quadcopters rescue with his skills and Scuba gear, what a star. Also great thanks to CamSump and Lee for all their help and keeping me calm

Has anyone else had to recover anything expensive and electrical from a river that would like to share their story and whether the item still worked afterwards?

Thank Post
    Here are some more video's of the recent crash. The first video contains some clips of fish captured on camera while the Quadcopter stayed on the river bed. The second video has more sound added from the day which makes it a lot more fun

FPV Quadcopter Underwater Adventure GoPro Hero 3 Black Edition

FPV Quadcopter Awesome River Crash and Scuba Diver Rescue With Sound

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread