+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
General Chat Thread, Dell schools team in General; Why is it so hard to give dell money? at the moment i've been on hold for 40 minutes trying ...
    Thank Post

Dell schools team

Why is it so hard to give dell money? at the moment i've been on hold for 40 minutes trying to get a server quote for one of my primary schools! Anyone got any magic number that'll put me to something other than classical music with "We're sorry for the delay... Your call is important to us..."

Thank Post

Re: Dell schools team

Call HP!!

Thank Post

That message is exactly why I am looking for another company. I dont want to be told every 10 secs that my call is important!!!

Thank Post

Rich - if your call was important then there would be a real person at the end of the line willing to listen to you.

Put the phone down, and call someone else!

Andrew

Thank Post

You would think that by this time of the year Dell would be desperate for business because everyone (mostly) has probably spent up

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,406 Times in 1,862 Posts
    Blog Entries

Speak to European Electronique and get a quote for HP I've never been put on hold...

Thank Post

If you want a DELL server, try EuroPC. They sell DELL 'Outlet' equipment including servers. You get full DELL NBD warranty too. What's more, if they have what you want in stock it can be next day delivery. If they don't have an exact match they will source the bits you need to get the spec right.

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by richard.thomas
    Why is it so hard to give dell money? at the moment i've been on hold for 40 minutes trying to get a server quote for one of my primary schools! Anyone got any magic number that'll put me to something other than classical music with "We're sorry for the delay... Your call is important to us..."
    I used to have the same problemm with Dell Public Sector.... rarely returned calls, put on hold for ages, and took forever to get a quotee out and if you needed the quote tweeked they took days or weeks to return the quote..

Gave up and bought Siemens, Compaq and RM Ones instead..

Thank Post

Yeh i've already got a company called Computacount getting some quotes for me- and they seem to be using HPs.
    Would be good to have some other machines to go along with the quote though. We've got several dells at the secondary school and they've always been quite good- Aswell as the support. Just shocking that it seems nearly impossible to get ahold of someone that can give me a phone quote!!

Thank Post

I just email my specs to my Dell account manager and he replies within 1 working day (usually 2 hours) with costs. If I mess anything up he usually spots it too :P

Thank Post

Its a lot easier in Australia. We have a sales rep, who we contact via email or Landline, as well as a sales person who takes care of us. So one of them is usually available.

Thank Post
    I'm glad others have similar experiences. It's now 2009 and Dell still haven't sorted it out. I've been on the Dell site and spec'd up a server.. but can I buy it!? I don't even want a schools discount, but it seems I can only order through the schools team. I've emailed my so-called account manager with "PURCHASE ORDER!!!!!" In the subject.... no response.

I've got quotes from my HP reseller but unfortunatley Dell are by far the cheapest.

Dell schools team are an absolute epic FAIL. It aggravates me so. I'm on hold as I type.

AAGGGGRRRHHHHH!

Thank Post
    Have to say that our Account Manager has been pretty good. When I first setup our Dell account we were assigned to the wrong account manager for our area and it was impossible to get hold of her, but our latest is always around when we need to order stuff or have a question.

Have to say getting premier access to the dell website has been very handy as well. We can place orders through there and get our discount applied (although we have to pay the 25 delivery!), or what I do is use it to get the spec I want send it to my account manager and she gets us the free delivery and tries to lower the price

Thank Post
    Got fed up of waiting for Dell to respond to quote requests, always took at least a 'few' email prompts. For servers i prefer HP, but for workstations i like the Dell All-in-one small form factor PC's. Recently found another supplier that can get me Dell kit easily and normally undercut them aswell! Orchid IT Support for Derby and the East Midlands area Simon Hulland deals with edu kit and normally responds very promptly!

Thank Post
    dell service has been rubbish recently 2 months to buy 4 laptops 4 months to get a RAM fan for our server I found best way to order is online once you have an account you add what you want to the basket pop in you purchase order and two days later the stuff you ordered arrives

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast