+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
General Chat Thread, I remember when.... in General; I remember computers BEFORE games were invented...... I remember when someone in an IBM Development lab wrote a mainframe text ...

Thank Post

Re: I remember when....

I remember computers BEFORE games were invented......

I remember when someone in an IBM Development lab wrote a mainframe text based Startrek game & we ran it one lunchtime where I worked, we were so engrossed in playing it that we lost track of the time..... until the 500+ online users started to complain about poor response times

Thank Post

Ah yes the memories...

Elite - Diso to Reidquat, selling food at one and buying computers at the other. Also the original game exploit - Launch from station A, turn around the second you leave the station and activate hyperspace to Station B, initiate docking with Station A before the 10 second Hyperspace timer counts down and hey presto you will actually dock with Station B hundreds of light years away without actually crossing the intervening space... ah functioning Wormholes before Hawking published a single word :P
    The Hobbit - Thorin enters the room. Give Thorin Ring, Tell Thorin to put on Ring, Tell Thorin to take off the ring, "Thorin is not here"... Bloody stupid One Ring and its stupid invisibility...
    Manic Miner, Jet Set Willy 1, Jet Set Willy 2.. Remember the rumours in Jet Set Willy 1 about the desert island off the left hand edge of the map.. Rumours that where so good that they added the Island in the sequel.
    Sentinel - Damn fine game. First really good implementation of vector graphics.
    Fat Worm blows a sparky - Another cutting edge 3d game written for the supreme processing power of the later hardware releases from Sinclair (you know before Sir Clive went of on one and started releasing electric cars!)
    I think the single game that I played for the longest single stretch (excepting Elite) was probably the orignal "LEMMINGS"... Some of those levels on max difficulty where proper hard...If you tried to release a game that required pixel perfect timing these days They'd lock you up.

Thank Post

”Anyone remember llamatron on the atari?”
    Yes but I am not sure how you describe it to someone who’s never seen it. You play a llama and it was kind of like being on drugs, I wonder how many people where left on the floor forming at the mouth and havening a fit. Did you ever play the side scrolling version from the same developer? Both great games but so weird.

Screenshots dont really show hon strange it was. You need to see it in motion and with sound.

Thank Post

Does anyone else remember the various game rental shops that opened during the heyday of the original ATARI consoles..
    I spent FAR too many of my weekend hours in the one in old Shopping Arcade in Romford.. The Cartridges where so expensive and for a quid or so you could rent Pitfall/Hunchback/Donkey Kong for a whole weekend.

Bliss....

Thank Post

On the subject of LLamatron - Didn't Jeff Minter publish a whole series of Llama oriented games? I recall that he pretty much had the whole LLama franchise sewn up

Thank Post

I remember when.... I didn't dread coming into work!

Thank Post

I remember when ... the Intel SC/MP was introduced.

Thank Post

I remember when............ playing Yie Ar Kung- Fu was the best game on the planet.

I remember when............. I sat down with an exercise book and hand copied all the codes for the Lens Lok protection on Elite.

I remember when ............ Computer games were second fiddle to actual paper and pen roleplaying.

PEO
    Thank Post

golden eye on the nintendo 64. almost faild my btec electornics because of that game

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by HodgeHi
    My first machine i realy played games on was the Amstrad cpc464 then it went to th 6128 with the disk drive.

I played sorcerer + (i think thats what it was called) needed to be pixel perfect. I loved the game feud and was about half a spell of from caining that bald guys ass.
    Unreal game!! You know once you finished the game there was a whole new 2nd game to play! Though once you turned the amstrad off you had to start again, thank god for "save game"

And then Dizzy!!! What a fecking game! Had every single one, all the box sets etc. I got a box set for my b'day with the last couple of games ii didnt have. Wacked the tape in and went for my tea (as you do lol). Came back and the damn thing had chowed the tape to bits. Ive never quite got over that

Thank Post

Cannon Fodder!! although not extremely old was an absolute classic. I have very fond memories of this and would love to see a re-incarnation

Thank Post

On the subject of LLamatron - Didn't Jeff Minter publish a whole series of Llama oriented games? I recall that he pretty much had the whole LLama franchise sewn up
    I seem to remember having a side scrolling verison of this on my amiga, lots of bright colours and stuff.

Cannon Fodder!!
    I have the TV plug in sega retro box that has Sensi Cannon Foddr & Mega Lo Mania on it

I see they are releasing Sensible world of soccer on the Xbox 360 with original game play and minimal changes. Should be ace.

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy
    golden eye on the nintendo 64. almost faild my btec electornics because of that game
    Quality game- I know i know, i'm a youngen and don't know my born and all that. But that game is amazing!
    Me and my housemates just started playing it again- 4 player GoldenEye; Can't be beaten.

Thank Post

I remember when...people didn't remember when!

aliv25

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy
    Great game when you get a couple of mates around and a crate of beer, and everyone fighting to find the golden gun!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast