+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, MapMyRide/MapMyFitness in General; So, I got my bike on the Cycle2Work scheme last weekend and I've been using MapMyRide to monitor the routes, ...
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries

MapMyRide/MapMyFitness

So, I got my bike on the Cycle2Work scheme last weekend and I've been using MapMyRide to monitor the routes, distance etc that I've been taking. Because, you know, I'm a giant geek (Hopefully a little less giant before too much longer!) and I like to know what I'm doing and if I can use an app to track that, all the better. After one workout last week, it came up with a thing that said "It's more fun to do this with friends" and offered to find people on Farcebook for me. I don't use it so I thought I'd post on here instead.

Anyone use MayMyRide or another MapMyFitness app? Post your username here! I'm IanN109

Thank Post
    If you can, give SportsTracker a try - I've managed to find more people on there than MapMyFitness

Thank Post
    I use the Adidas Micoach, its free and they have a website login etc, most of my friends use it so we set ourselves challenges.

Thank Post
    Avoid - like the bloody plague - the BUPA fitness app.

Don't get me wrong - there's some nice programs on there for training, but the second the phone locks, the training session pauses.

I did a 40 minute interval run with it and found that when the phone locks up the whole program pauses, so my 4 minute warm up ended up a 10 minute one...

Thank Post
    While not for riding, Zobies, Run! is an awesome running app that integrates a zombie apocalypse into the running plans! Not only do you get fit, it keeps your attention too!

Thank Post
    I use Map my ride, when I go out. Username is dezt1980. Bit gutted it cut off some of my ride as my phone didn't have a good enough GPS signal recently.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information