I have been asked by one of our Assistant heads to post this please can you pass it on to your teaching staff

sorry if this is in the wrong place

thanks

Andy

TeachMeet Woodham 2013

Woodham Academy is proud to announce details of its second annual TeachMeet event.

A TeachMeet is a free, informal gathering of like-minded teachers coming together to learn from one and other, sharing practical innovations and personal insights in teaching.
Participants volunteer to showcase an aspect of their current practice or discuss something which has enhanced their classroom performance.
Presentations are strictly limited to two minutes or seven minutes. TeachMeet events are open to all and do not charge an entry fee.

Date

Tuesday 17th September, 2013

Venue

Woodham Academy

Washington Crescent

Newton Aycliffe

DL5 4AX

(01325) 300328

info@woodham.org.uk

Woodham Academy 2013 | Achievement For All

Timings

5:30 - Arrive. Refreshments

6.00 - Introduction and Keynote

6:20 - Start of 7 minute presentations (8 slots)

7:35 - Discussion / Networking Break

7:50 - Start of the 2 minute presentations (12 slots)

8:30 Finish

Last Year

Last year's event at Woodham attracted over 100 teachers from across the region and was described by some as 'the best CPD I've ever had'!

Sponsors and Prizes

We are very grateful to these sponsors for agreeing to donate the following items as random prizes to members of the audience throughout the evening:

Vision for Education - Apple ipad mini

Education Network - Spa day for 2 at Rockliffe Hall including a meal and treatments

Osiris Educational - A complimentary day on an Osiris lead professional development course at Woodham Academy (worth up to 389)

Gasp Photography - 125 Voucher entitling you to a free studio shoot and a 12x8 print

Smart Wall Paint - 2 x Smart Wall Paint (Whiteboard Paint) Kits (worth 149 each)

Skype - HD webcam, plus free group video calling vouchers for all attendees

Paul Dix - Signed copy of his book 'Essential Guide to Taking Care of Behaviour', a copy of Paul's 'Essential Guide to Classroom Assessment', a copy of Paul's DVD 'One Man Show, Changing Behaviour', plus 6 behaviour packs courtesy of Paul

Isabella Wallace - Signed copy of her book 'Pimp Your Lesson'

Zoe Elder - Signed copy of her book 'Full On Learning'

Jim Smith - Signed copy of each of his two books 'The Lazy Teachers Handbook' and 'Follow Me I'm Right Behind You'

Action Jackson - Signed copy of his book 'Shut Up and Take Action'

Presenters

See whos already signed up to present and be in the audience by following this link to the online site:

TeachMeet / Woodham TeachMeet 2013

Jon Tait
Assistant Head Teacher
Woodham Academy
Woodham Academy 2013 | Achievement For All