+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
General Chat Thread, Note to self - must learn to count in General; Originally Posted by laserblazer Handicrafts as in crafts that you do with your hands. The UK isn't just short of ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,377 Times in 1,674 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by laserblazer View Post
    Handicrafts as in crafts that you do with your hands. The UK isn't just short of BEng graduates but people who can sew, knit, saw, chisel and whatever. I wasn't belittling your daughter, I take my hat off to her, just saying that we are short on the practical skills.
    Yeah, I know, but handicrafts is not really the term I would use

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Just poking my head above the parapit to say I wasn't trying to belittle anyone achievements (seriously BEng - very well done!), more just giving a much loved subject a little ribbing It was actually one of my favourite lessons at school (though it is true, at the time most of us did refer to it as "a doss" ).

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,377 Times in 1,674 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tmcd35 View Post
    Just poking my head above the parapit to say I wasn't trying to belittle anyone achievements (seriously BEng - very well done!), more just giving a much loved subject a little ribbing It was actually one of my favourite lessons at school (though it is true, at the time most of us did refer to it as "a doss" ).
    Yeah, I know, and my point still is that a) it isn't anymore and b) the way the course is run now, anyone less than academic would have a problem getting through it which may mean that those suited to this sort of work get disheartened and give it up

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123