+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
General Chat Thread, Pushing a primary school's ICT to the limits in General; Sounds wonderful...now all I have to do is get our older teachers to share their ideas and accept that what ...

Thank Post
    Sounds wonderful...now all I have to do is get our older teachers to share their ideas and accept that what I have been suggesting for the last 10 years would be an improvement on what they have been doing for the last 20 years...like, oh I dunno, maybe like, not using VCRs and updating resources...

...but, at least two of these teachers are leaving this term

The main problem with all these lovely changes it that I am the lucky SOB that gets to deliver the new content...

..bitter? Me. You bet!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jmak View Post
    The thing I'm looking at now is how we could use Google Apps. I want to get collaboration going - perhaps one class working on a story in a Google Doc and then another picking up the baton.
    A brilliant tool. Had my year 4s writing fantasy stories on it. I had them working in pairs on one document, with the rest of the class given view and comment permissions. I found it incredible how the effectively the children collaborated - sometimes they would both talk about the next few paragraphs then set off and write them independently, other times one would write and the other would read and edit simultaneously. I've done collaborative writing before with partners sharing one computer but inevitably one child does all the writing and the other does nothing.
    Then they were able to read each other's work, using the comment feature to give each other feed back. I particularly like how each comment turns into a discussion thread. I also used the comment feature to give feedback.
    They also continued working at home - some arranging a time where they would both be on the document. I went on at 9.30 one night to mark their work of the next day and they were all on it! I had to tell them to go to bed.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CESIL View Post
    Sounds wonderful...now all I have to do is get our older teachers to share their ideas and accept that what I have been suggesting for the last 10 years would be an improvement on what they have been doing for the last 20 years...like, oh I dunno, maybe like, not using VCRs and updating resources...
    I currently volunteer with Scouts QLD and we have a online/webbased "lesson planner" tool called EurkeaKit (IIRC) by creatop (That I've never logged into) but you might to look into, get teachers collaborating that way.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12