+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
General Chat Thread, Want labour out? Please vote here in General; If anyones been watching the news recently the will know that Crash Gordon was going to hold a General Election ...

Thank Post

Want labour out? Please vote here

If anyones been watching the news recently the will know that Crash Gordon was going to hold a General Election but backed out due to him knowing Labour would loose.

On Wed he blamed it on the results of an online petition which no-one knew about therefore didnt vote on.

Please please please help make the tool look like an even bigger fool and sign below. Also pass this onto everyone you know and any other forum your on.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Election-year/

Oh and heres the new news article where Brown is made to look a wee bit stupid
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7039962.stm

Thank Post

Re: Want labour out? Please vote here

I'd rather jump into the Grand Canyon, bounce painfully all the way down then be used as a donkey sex toy than vote for Cameron or even give the tories a chance. Honestly do you lot actually believe they can balance the books? they make up numbers constantly, pulling them out of thin air whilst Cameron stands about looking like a baby who's needing a nappy change.

I don't think labour are much better but frankly I simply can't trust the tories after the stunts they pulled on Scotland with the poll tax (testing it out on us before putting it into the rest of the country) and just detest Cameron. He's scum.

I'd respect Brown even less if he called an election he didn't think he could win - seriously how stupid would he have to be to do that? The torys peeps are just annoyed that he didn't, crying over nothing like a bunch of toddlers.

Thank Post

Oh come on, scotland get badly done by one time and you quickly forget that you get a hundred other benifits to make up for it; such as free education.

Can you tell i hate labour? Crash Gordon is doing his best to destroy this countries economy, surerly no-one can be as bad as him without purposely setting out to do so... Well actually....

Thank Post

Education in Scotland isn't free. It's paid for out of taxation. The people of Scotland voted for a government which would spend their taxes in the way they are doing now.

Thank Post

This whole business over the prospect of a sudden General Election and will Gordon/won't Gordon..... was a story made by the media who had nothing better to do than make mischief.

First they said... "will Cameron do enough to convince Brown not to go to the polls" during the Tory party conference.... then they said afterwards "Brown bottled it". I don't think he had any intention of calling an election, I think he wanted the Tories to show their hand & say what they would do if they came to power....... and Brown used the media to play them along.

People forget the media is there to report news, and when they have nothing to report they make it up. The truth is seldom as exciting as the press would like to report it.

Fact: None of the major parties has the funds to run a General Election, and 'everyone' agrees that a General Election in the Autumn/Winter months is a bad idea; cold dark nights.... voters don't turn out.

Plus, the electoral register is six months out of date, so loads of people who have moved recently all over the UK would be unable to vote unless they returned to where they were last registered. That's why elections traditionally take place late spring/early summer.

Let Gordon Brown get on with running the country for the next couple of years; if he makes a mess of it then he should be voted out, if he does a good job, he will stay in power.

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by j17sparky
    Oh come on, scotland get badly done by one time and you quickly forget that you get a hundred other benifits to make up for it; such as free education.

Can you tell i hate labour? Crash Gordon is doing his best to destroy this countries economy, surerly no-one can be as bad as him without purposely setting out to do so... Well actually....
    I don't like either of the main parties (or the SNP in Scotland who are my least favourite of all!) but I don't think labour have done that bad on the economy and this is coming from someone who's had a 10% pay cut and never getting another pay rise thanks to a labour council who can't balance it's budget.

Sadly I can see Scotland becoming independent if the tories get in again, they're THAT unpopular up here. Personally I'll emigrate the canada or move down to England if that happens - independent scotland would be unsufferable to live in :?

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by broc
    This whole business over the prospect of a sudden General Election and will Gordon/won't Gordon..... was a story made by the media who had nothing better to do than make mischief.

First they said... "will Cameron do enough to convince Brown not to go to the polls" during the Tory party conference.... then they said afterwards "Brown bottled it". I don't think he had any intention of calling an election, I think he wanted the Tories to show their hand & say what they would do if they came to power....... and Brown used the media to play them along.

People forget the media is there to report news, and when they have nothing to report they make it up. The truth is seldom as exciting as the press would like to report it.

Fact: None of the major parties has the funds to run a General Election, and 'everyone' agrees that a General Election in the Autumn/Winter months is a bad idea; cold dark nights.... voters don't turn out.

Plus, the electoral register is six months out of date, so loads of people who have moved recently all over the UK would be unable to vote unless they returned to where they were last registered. That's why elections traditionally take place late spring/early summer.

Let Gordon Brown get on with running the country for the next couple of years; if he makes a mess of it then he should be voted out, if he does a good job, he will stay in power.
    Very well said, especially about the media who I trust even less these days. it was a non-story that's still being used to fill up BBC News 24 for 23.5hours a day.

Thank Post

Gordon Browns big red army..................................!

Thank Post

I didn't vote for Gordon in the first place so i don't see why he should take over without winning a Election. I think that David Davis or whatever his name is, the guy that was running against Cameron, would have been a better choice. But whatever Cameron does can only match the crap Labour has done and not be any worse.

The benchmark for useless has been set by Tories before and now Labour has raised that level of uselessness.

Gordon has been part of everything that has happened here, he is part of the reason UK is just a joke for the rest of the world.

They are too happy to give our money away that we have worked hard for before putting it into use here. They are also a cause why there is a lack of respect for the youth.

The bloody humans rights act is a joke.

Anyone that says Gordon should have a chance, i would say he has had that.

I could go on but i think all of you might fall asleep.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,162 Times in 987 Posts
    Blog Entries

Indeed, it is the democracy issue that bothers me. OK, Gordon succeeds Blair, but then chnages all the policies, so there fore we have a govt that is in power using policies no one voted for! Bit strange that one. I particlualarly like the way they all go 'Tony who?' when asked about their previous stance on policies.

Thank Post

You vote for a party, it elects a leader, you get that leader as PM.

You do not vote directly for a PM, never have in the UK. That's part of the current problem, we're becoming more like the US in terms of wanting "personalities". I don't know about anyone else but I just don't trust Cameron at all, not because he's a tory but because of the bile coming from his mouth. I don't want a petty PM, Brown is bad enough.

Ignorance is not an excuse - the UKs democratic system has always been that someone else takes over when a PM steps down, John Major did this when he managed to kick Thatcher out - then went on to win the next election. At the time there were no calls for him to call an early election, fact is that the conservatives simply don't like this being done to them.

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by Dos_Box
    Indeed, it is the democracy issue that bothers me. OK, Gordon succeeds Blair, but then chnages all the policies, so there fore we have a govt that is in power using policies no one voted for! Bit strange that one. I particlualarly like the way they all go 'Tony who?' when asked about their previous stance on policies.
    Didn't something like this happen when Thatcher left office, and Major took over? To quote Wikipedia....

When Michael Heseltine's challenge to Margaret Thatcher's leadership of the Conservative Party forced the contest to a second round and Thatcher withdrew, Major entered the contest alongside Douglas Hurd. Though he fell two votes short of the required winning margin of 187 in the second ballot Major's result was sufficient to secure immediate concessions from his rivals and he became Leader of the Conservative Party on 27 November 1990. The next day, Major was summoned to Buckingham Palace and appointed Prime Minister

One small difference, if I recall correctly..... Blair quit before he was pushed..... Thatcher was stabbed in the back......

Democracy.... another myth......

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,443 Times in 1,891 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Halfmad
    I'd rather jump into the Grand Canyon, bounce painfully all the way down then be used as a donkey sex toy than vote for Cameron or even give the tories a chance. Honestly do you lot actually believe they can balance the books? they make up numbers constantly, pulling them out of thin air whilst Cameron stands about looking like a baby who's needing a nappy change.

I don't think labour are much better but frankly I simply can't trust the tories after the stunts they pulled on Scotland with the poll tax (testing it out on us before putting it into the rest of the country) and just detest Cameron. He's scum.

I'd respect Brown even less if he called an election he didn't think he could win - seriously how stupid would he have to be to do that? The torys peeps are just annoyed that he didn't, crying over nothing like a bunch of toddlers.
    There are other parties you know... Lib Dem's, Green's, Monster Raving Looney's, UKIP, Respect etc...

I know who I will be voting for, and it won't be either of the 'big 2'. If more people realised that they don't need to vote for the big 2 (it isn't a wasted vote) then we would have a much more flexible system over here.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 625 Posts

If anyones been watching the news recently the will know that Crash Gordon was going to hold a General Election but backed out due to him knowing Labour would loose.
    I don't recall that Gordon Brown ever said he was going to call an election.
    Please provide some details as when he said this. I just recall everytime a reporter asked him he just avoided the issue.

Didn't something like this happen when Thatcher left office, and Major took over?
    That was a great day. In fact I have that on video tape and the tape is almost worn out that I play it so often - watching her leave Downing Street with her crocodile tears rolling down her cheeks has me jumping up and down for joy.
    I must get round to transfering that tape onto DVD.... :-)

Mrs Thatcher - MILK snatcher.

[ Too many young people on this forum I think to appreciate that ]

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 625 Posts

but then chnages all the policies, so there fore we have a govt that is in power using policies no one voted for!
    At least they have some policies, the Torys and Lib Dems wanted an election but had NO policies to show the voters !!
    The Torys promised their usual tax cut bullsh1t whilst the Lib Dems just did their usual amount of not being able to make up their minds for anything....

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast