Poll: So when do you wash?

+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
General Chat Thread, When do you wash? in General; Shower - both in the morning prior to work and after work when I get home ( only sometimes I ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,056 Times in 977 Posts
    Shower - both in the morning prior to work and after work when I get home ( only sometimes I have a bath in the evening )

How is Australia and what do you think to it ?

I used to go into the shops when I had a chance as most of the shops had decent air con, although no doubt you have server rooms or something to that effect with air con in them. Obviously that won't help if you are doing sports / exercise etc lol

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,071 Times in 762 Posts
    First thing in the morning and then after exercise or before bed,

"Cleanliness is next to godliness" so they tell me but then I'm not religious but don't knock those that are, each to their own.

Hmm I do smell nice so I am told by many people both at work and outside of work.

Plus the older you get the smellier you become so it seems, maybe that's why hospitals and old people's homes smell of uncleanliness.

Don't mean to offend but this I have encountered personally when visiting old people in both hospital and in residential homes.

Thank Post
    Every Christmas without fail ...... even if I don't need one!!!

Why don't I have any friends?

Thank Post
    I normally get a bath/shower when I get in from work before I go out in the evening or if I am not out that evening certainly have on before bed.

Now if I am at work I will just get a quick wash in the morning but if I am not at work i.e. Sat/Sun I will often have a bath in the morning too. Especially in the summer when its really warm at night like to feel fresh or some mornings where I am too tired and have time I will have one to wake me up.

My GF moans like hell because I have at least one bath a day where she may go every other day which really winds me up. I like to be clean and when I have done a full day at work its nice to freshen up. In fact just running a bath as I type this!!!!!

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,492 Times in 1,933 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Every morning. Not including hair though - washing my hair too often causes out of control greasiness.

I'm not convinced by daily showering either though, as my skin doesn't seem to appreciate it. But, it's the social norm to shower daily so...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,046 Times in 803 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I've just swapped from evenings to mornings. Wakes me up, sits in line with my (plans) to start cycling in the mornings, and used to find my hair was horrible by the time I'd woken up when showering the night before. the only way it was controllable was to either soak it (then it looks greasy and horrible) or wash it.. so made sense to swap!

Thank Post
    What is this 'hair' of which you speak?

8. Thanks to pcstru from:

Netman (3rd July 2013)

Thank Post
    I read an article recently that said that a "non-smelly" gene defect had been identified...basically anyone with the mutated gene does not suffer from body odour at anything like the rate of those with the normal gene.

It made me think as I have noticed that my wife is (and I apologise to her if she ever reads this) much more stinky than me in general.

There is also of course a lot of media pressure to smell "nice" in much the same way that body image is pushed on us by the media resulting in problems like anorexia in extreme cases.

I remember a while back seeing a TV money expert explaining that nobody needs to wash their hair twice each time except for the instructions on the shampoo bottle saying "wash and repeat"...since then I have always only washed once and save a fortune on shampoo!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CESIL View Post

I remember a while back seeing a TV money expert explaining that nobody needs to wash their hair twice each time except for the instructions on the shampoo bottle saying "wash and repeat"...since then I have always only washed once and save a fortune on shampoo!
    I cant say I've ever read the labels on a shampoo bottle, but Ive never washed twice. I have sometimes tough used a bit of the girls conditioner just to see what that was all about.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewL View Post
    My GF moans like hell because I have at least one bath a day where she may go every other day which really winds me up. I like to be clean and when I have done a full day at work its nice to freshen up. In fact just running a bath as I type this!!!!!
    She moans at you for having a bath every day? If she doesn't have one that often, and therefore doesn't want to use the bathroom, what's the issue? :P

Thank Post
    I heard it was a marketing ploy to increase sales.

Thank Post
    I shower straight after sex. The water company sent someone round to check on my meter because it hadn't budged in years and they thought it was broken.

14. 3 Thanks to Flatpackhamster:

ButterflyMoon (3rd July 2013), hardtailstar (8th July 2013), sidewinder (3rd July 2013)

Thank Post
    RabbieBurns, as an expat Aussie I find your observations strange. When I lived there, I'd shower in the morning, lunchtime and when I got home after work. This was quite the norm. In the winter, just the morning shower was enough. Of course, that's without the shower after the gym session or when leaving the beach.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I shower in the evenings, I quite like to get up, brush teeth, do hair, quick wash and out the house. 20 mins max - in a rush 5 mins its been known lol :P

Thank Post
    Shave and shower right before bed, less to do in the morning then
    Last edited by Danp; 3rd July 2013 at 08:48 AM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast