+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
General Chat Thread, F1 Chat in General; So, Webber has confirmed he is leave Red Bull at the end of the season to join Porsche and race ...

Thank Post

F1 Chat

So, Webber has confirmed he is leave Red Bull at the end of the season to join Porsche and race in Le Mans next year, good call do you think? I do. Who will take his seat, Kimi? Ricciardo?

Thank Post
    I'll be sad to see Webber leave!!! I hope Kimi gets it! He'll deffo shake Vettel up I think! Could make for an interesting season!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,039 Times in 797 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I have a suspicion it will be Kimi. But he still won't be happy

Not sure he'll do any real shaking of Vettel. He is by far the faster of the two drivers, but he's also far less consistent in that speed/performance. I think very much like Lewis, Kimi wants to race and is fed up of the regulatory b*ll***s like tyre wear being so much of a factor. I'd personally be surprised to see Kimi stay in F1 beyond 2014 as a result.
    Last edited by synaesthesia; 27th June 2013 at 10:15 AM.

Thank Post
    Don't see what other option he had. He's got a team mate whose backside the sun shines out of as far as the team and the team management are concerned. He's 37 so going to a new team and the time that would take to acclimatise, also new rules next year also to get used to. Clean break - personally good idea.

Thank Post
    I think Kimi will be around for the next few seasons at least. All this tyre wear/degradation has blown up in Pirelli's faces this year. Big chances for next season I see, new engines too! They sounds rubbish btw! Go to the Renault Sport website and you can hear what the new V6 Turbo's are going to sound like. Very disappointed if I'm honest! Keep the V8's!

Thank Post
    I don't know if it would be best for Kimi to go there, yes the Red Bull is the best car in the paddock at the moment but I dont know how the team will cope with two drivers competing against each other. Kimi is not someone to take orders to back off and let his team mate take a win! I think it will be Ricciardo getting the seat.

Anyone see the picture of Webber's car pulling away from the hairpin at Canada and it leaving what looks to be traction control lines in the road?

Thank Post
    Nope, I haven't seen that image!? The back end of a Red Bull getting out of line! :O Good god! Tut tut.

If I had the choice of who to put in the seat it'd be Di Resta, without a shadow of a doubt. Sorry if you guys disagree but he deserves a quick car and could go so far with one!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by L3OUGH View Post
    Nope, I haven't seen that image!? The back end of a Red Bull getting out of line! :O Good god! Tut tut.

If I had the choice of who to put in the seat it'd be Di Resta, without a shadow of a doubt. Sorry if you guys disagree but he deserves a quick car and could go so far with one!
    If Paul had more money behind him he would have ended up at McLaren

http://grandprix247.com/2013/06/19/i...ction-control/

Thank Post
    Well I'm glad he didn't end up at McLaren, they're not doing exactly well... He's doing better at Force India. But I hope he gets the seat! That would be unexpected and good for his career. And that photo is an interesting one!! They won't get investigated though, any money! They always seem to get away with things....

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by L3OUGH View Post
    Well I'm glad he didn't end up at McLaren, they're not doing exactly well... He's doing better at Force India. But I hope he gets the seat! That would be unexpected and good for his career. And that photo is an interesting one!! They won't get investigated though, any money! They always seem to get away with things....
    Even as a McLaren fan I have to agree

Thank Post
    I'm going to Silverstone tomorrow. Rocking!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Disaster View Post
    First time going? I went a in 2010 and it's AMAZING. The tickets were too expensive for my liking this year. £145 for standing!? Pffft!

and @Danp it's a shame, but, the sparking rivalry between Perez + Button is getting heated!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Disaster View Post
    Been before?

I went in 2011, stayed at Woodlands campsite from Thursday until Sunday evening, the best weekend I have ever had. Reserved seat opposite the new pits

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,039 Times in 797 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Wish I could go again. Went VIP style in 2011 after naming The Wing in a competition; would love to go again!

Yeah, saw those tyre marks Webber left. It just goes to show how much people will push the boundaries. No traction control allowed? No problem, we'll do some clever mapping of our engines to get roughly 80% of the effect.

Thank Post
    Nar went last year. Stuck around in a pub when they told everyone to go home. Managed to get in one of the campsites... can't remember which one though. In lively this year hopefully. Was a top weekend all round! I love the sound of the Lotus, more guttural than the other cars and watching the vintage cars was cool too.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information