+ Post New Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
General Chat Thread, F1 Chat in General; Agreed, and its great to see some different teams in the top 6/10, Williams having a return to the podium, ...

Thank Post
    Agreed, and its great to see some different teams in the top 6/10, Williams having a return to the podium, and Force India. Really enjoying this season, Hamilton's been a bit unlucky so far though, having to claw back points wherever he can whereas Rosberg has been extremely lucky all things considered. He's leading the championship purely on reliability.
    Last edited by JRowley; 23rd June 2014 at 10:30 AM.

Thank Post
    This is, Bernie E said before the start of the season that he wanted to see Rosberg win the championship which by the looks of it what Bernie wants, Bernie gets

It was brilliant seeing Williams at the front again, long may it continue! Much prefer to see real racing teams at the front rather than drinks companies.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by teejay View Post
    Much prefer to see real racing teams at the front rather than drinks companies.
    You mean like the Martini liveried williams??

Thank Post
    I will say, McLaren have been the biggest disappointment for me, they have just fallen asleep again when it comes to aero development, at this point I don't think it actually matters if Honda become their engine supplier given the gap they have currently to Mercedes, or even the next Mercedes powered team. Honda won't fix their aero issues, that's for sure.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hefferzzzz View Post
    You mean like the Martini liveried williams??
    Sponsored, not owned, big difference

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,627 Times in 1,102 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by teejay View Post
    It was brilliant seeing Williams at the front again, long may it continue! Much prefer to see real racing teams at the front rather than drinks companies.
    There's an irony in you declaring that after a race that only happened because the drinks company in question bought and renovated the track...

I don't have a problem with Red Bull being in the sport, they're putting a lot of money into it and supporting it in lots of ways. I did have a problem with their complete domination... just as I did with Ferrari back in the day. At least Mercedes have two closely matched and competitive drivers, where Vettel had the feel of the car over Webber, and Schumacher was clearly a No. 1 driver.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonofsanta View Post
    There's an irony in you declaring that after a race that only happened because the drinks company in question bought and renovated the track...

I don't have a problem with Red Bull being in the sport, they're putting a lot of money into it and supporting it in lots of ways. I did have a problem with their complete domination... just as I did with Ferrari back in the day. At least Mercedes have two closely matched and competitive drivers, where Vettel had the feel of the car over Webber, and Schumacher was clearly a No. 1 driver.
    Irony intentional

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,169 Times in 898 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I find it a little more than odd that over the course of the season so far Hamilton has been held up in the pits by the tune of over 6 seconds compared to Nico. There's a lot of conspiracy surrounding that of course, but I'm getting cynical with age (and more so whilst I'm at home being ill and feeling sorry for myself). Just noticed yesterday after 1.9 seconds of difference in the pits (which is slightly more than the finishing gap between them) and this has been the case most of the year. I can't imagine it's a case of "entry or positioning" as Lewis's PR speak is programmed to tell us, after all he's been party to some of the fastest pitstops in history.

On that note though - 2.1 seconds from Williams! Awesome, I can't fart in that timeframe.

Thank Post
    Am I reading too much into my own thinking - but Hammy seems to have fractionally slower pit stops consistently - when Rosberg is leading.

I could be my general perception - but we're only talking fractions of seconds slower. I could be wrong any it's Hammy thats slower in/ out.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    The question was asked of Lewis in the post-race Q&A:
    Q: (Chris Medland - crash.net) Question for you, too, Lewis, about the pit stops. You lost 1.9s across the two stops to Nico, very evenly split in each stop. Is that frustrating, because for a long time you were running about 1.9s behind Nico at the end and did the team tell you the reasons for it?

LH:
    They haven’t yet. I didn’t even know I lost that much time, they didn’t feel that fast. Could be my positioning. I don’t know. I’ll obviously investigate... obviously it is frustrating when you lose time because you’re constantly doing everything you can to gain a tenth here, a tenth there, so when you lose quite a chunk... two seconds over two pit stops it’s tough but the guys... at least we haven’t really made any mistakes. If we step back a little bit and look, we’ve had so many one-twos this is just incredible this year so I’m hoping in the future we won’t have those problems.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,169 Times in 898 Posts
    Blog Entries
    As I said, PR training. It's not like that's always been the case for him. 6 seconds is a LONG time.

Thank Post
    Apparently on his second stop he had a cracked wheel rim which caused the delay, on his first stop it was reported he was further forward in his box than intended. What gets me is that this is happening at almost every race, they should have identified the issues 4 or 5 races ago.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Oh for the love of... another daft plan by Bernie to artificially introduce drama while diminishing the value of racing: BBC Sport - Formula 1: standing re-starts after safety car to be introduced

There's nothing wrong with rolling starts. There may not be much overtaking at the very instant of the restart, but by bunching the field up it gives us all the drama we need - like Bahrain this year.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonofsanta View Post
    Oh for the love of... another daft plan by Bernie to artificially introduce drama while diminishing the value of racing: BBC Sport - Formula 1: standing re-starts after safety car to be introduced

There's nothing wrong with rolling starts. There may not be much overtaking at the very instant of the restart, but by bunching the field up it gives us all the drama we need - like Bahrain this year.
    I quite like this idea. At the moment, the race leader just runs away with it by bunching everyone up. Standing restarts would definitely add excitement.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoom7000 View Post
    I quite like this idea. At the moment, the race leader just runs away with it by bunching everyone up. Standing restarts would definitely add excitement.
    Seems like it's leaving a bit too much to chance for my liking - depending on your strategy, and when the incident occurs, your tyres could be completely shot, and have no grip because they've cooled off too much on the slow laps (which they're keeping because Merc pay the FIA money to provide the cars).

It's not quite as daft as double points for Abu Dhabi, but it's another time that no-one has asked the drivers what they think.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread Information