+ Post New Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
General Chat Thread, F1 Chat in General; Vettel doesn't seem to like being second best at the moment... thought his tough luck comment was a bit of ...
    Thank Post
    Vettel doesn't seem to like being second best at the moment... thought his tough luck comment was a bit of sour grapes, Ricardo clearly has the pace and skills to run rings around him.

Chuffed that Hamilton is thriving at Mercedes and Williams are having a comeback as well but that pit stop was poor, felt sorry for Massa through no fault of his own his race was ruined.

The noise is missing, but the car changes have made it more interesting watching Rosberg 4 wheel drift out of the last corner was amazing, they just need to make the cars look a bit more special (loose the stupid noses and go back to the look of the '95 style dropped noses. Much cooler looking.

2. Thanks to DocHouse from:

nephilim (21st April 2014)

Thank Post
    Vettel doesn't seem to like being second best at the moment
    Christian Horner seems to have lost that smug expression as well.

4. 2 Thanks to laserblazer:

DocHouse (21st April 2014), nephilim (21st April 2014)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,062 Times in 817 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Good Not as enjoyable a race, but Hamilton's coming into his own. What was telling at Red Bull was that Adrian Newey spent the entire weekend at Silverstone with the WEC racing. (and Mark Webber!)

I'd be surprised and disappointed if Lewis didn't take the championship this year, it'll be well deserved if he continues with this form and quick justification (not like he really needed any) for his move from McLaren. Wonder if Big Ron will try and poach him back.

Thank Post
    I think Ron made it clear when he took back control that he wouldn't mind Lewis back one day. They would have to make a better performance package though or if Merc end up going backwards which could always happen. Still I am glad Lewis is putting his foot down against Nico who is a talented young driver. I look forward to more fights between these two and wonder when they will collide.

As for Seb I do have sympathy for him but that tends to be thrown at the window with his attitude. When he does well he is so thankful to the team yet when he doesn't he isn't so quick to give Ric an easier life which at the end of the day benefits the team. If Ric continues to consistently score better it's going to be his results that make the difference between 2nd and 3rd. Sebs performance though goes to show that perhaps it was the blown diffuser that he managed to work so well. It was something that was discussed last year that Webber just simply couldn't get it to work so well for him.

Sad thing is though it as mentioned on PF1.COM it really is adding fuel to the fire of Sebs overrated theory. Now he is on equal footing with another driver on a fresh rule layout he does seem to be struggling. Course I do believe that Seb is special (even Lewis has had an OFF Season) only question is will he return to his winning ways.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,973 Times in 1,445 Posts
    Blog Entries
    As for Seb I do have sympathy for him but that tends to be thrown at the window with his attitude.
    What? He was arrogant, at the start of the season he said on German TV he would win despite the changes and there was nothing to worry about. This weekend he basically said RedBull has way too much to do to catch up and they will focus on getting the car right for next season.
    Sad thing is though it as mentioned on PF1.COM it really is adding fuel to the fire of Sebs overrated theory. Now he is on equal footing with another driver on a fresh rule layout he does seem to be struggling. Course I do believe that Seb is special (even Lewis has had an OFF Season) only question is will he return to his winning ways.
    No way is Seb special. Now the cars are somewhat leveled on the playing field, people who were smashed by him previously are now showing that its the driving that should be making the wins, not the car. Red Bull had the advantage of having the best designer in the field, and he made it work for them (no doubting this), but now with the current restrictions (if you will), they can't do anything as they didn't prepare properly whereas every other team focused on getting it right for this season. It shows when a Force India finishes higher, or even toro rosso finishes higher.

Seb made his bed, now he has to lie in it and work with what he has. He had ample opportunity in pre-season, and to some extent last season when they test the new designs for input, and he didn't do much, where as other teams focused solely on this season with a view to being better this season, and it shows. Seb = cocky, nowhere near the leagues of hamilton or rosberg on driving ability alone, and it shows.

Thank Post
    I would expect Lewis to have this years Championship aswell, the bookies seem to think so too, have you seen the odds? They must think he`s already won it.

Curiosity got the better of me last night and I had to look this up to get the answer, so no cheating but you might like to ponder this one:

If Lewis wins the title this year it will be 6 years between his first and second world titles, how far back to have to go before a driver had that gap between titles one and two?

Cheers

Jon.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Going to go out on a limb here and Say one from the 60s, Australian bloke, Brabham I think? Drove for Cooper then formed his own team if I remember rightly? (its way before my time however).

*edit* there was another driver in the 60s that had this as well, was maybe 5 years though. Graham Hill his name was.
    Last edited by nephilim; 22nd April 2014 at 01:34 PM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    @Jon-Millgate what do I win?! lol

Thank Post
    Good work fella - No prizes this time though! I was just surprised how far back you have to go thats all, sort of makes me think that drivers like Kimi, regardless of the car, they are past their peak and another title is sadly, no longer a possibility.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    thats disgraceful, I deserve at least a chocolate pizza!!!

Thank Post
    Chocolate pizzas take more effort than a quick nose around Wikipedia! :-)
    Besides, Formula One is non work related so couldn`t make a competition out of barstool trivia.
    I think there`ll be some comps in May though so keep eyes peeled.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon-Millgate View Post
    Chocolate pizzas take more effort than a quick nose around Wikipedia! :-)
    Didn't use it, its blocked here at work and my phone is at home. Also I have a great F1 knowledge, so ha! :P

And eyes will defo be peeled in may.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 1,012 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I was thinking last night, as I enjoyed the Austrian Grand Prix - this season has turned out very differently to expectations when all the driver swapping was taking place last year.

Felipe Massa was dropped by Ferrari - turns out Williams have been a much more competitive team for him.
    Maldonado left Williams for Lotus after much fighting over the seat - which really hasn't worked out for him.
    Hulkenberg missed out on the Lotus seat, perhaps unfairly as he didn't have the sponsorship - but Force India have had a cracking season so far and he's well up the drivers' standings, where Lotus still look like they're in pre-season testing. Talk about a bullet dodged. His 2013 team, Sauber, are having a torrid season as well.
    Perez was unceremoniously dropped by McLaren after a single season, but Force India have outpaced them everywhere except Australia.
    Going back a further year, everyone thought Hamilton was a mug for leaving McLaren at the time, but it turns out to have been perfectly timed.

I like this new era of unpredictable F1
    Last edited by sonofsanta; 23rd June 2014 at 09:11 AM. Reason: bit more on the Hulk

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonofsanta View Post
    I was thinking last night, as I enjoyed the Austrian Grand Prix - this season has turned out very differently to expectations when all the driver swapping was taking place last year.

Felipe Massa was dropped by Ferrari - turns out Williams have been a much more competitive team for him.
    Maldonado left Williams for Lotus after much fighting over the seat - which really hasn't worked out for him.
    Hulkenberg missed out on the Lotus seat, perhaps unfairly as he didn't have the sponsorship - but Force India have had a cracking season so far and he's well up the drivers' standings.
    Perez was unceremoniously dropped by McLaren after a single season, but Force India have outpaced them everywhere except Australia.
    Going back a further year, everyone thought Hamilton was a mug for leaving McLaren at the time, but it turns out to have been perfectly timed.

I like this new era of unpredictable F1
    ^^ This.

Don't forget about Riccardo putting Vettel to shame.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I am thoroughly enjoying the season still. Its been quite intense and lots of things up in the air. I am liking that Vettel isn't on the pedestal he put himself on and has to earn his positions now as the field has been leveled a bit more. Its generally more fun to watch.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread Information