+ Post New Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
General Chat Thread, F1 Chat in General; Originally Posted by penfold_99 A Gui's and Maldonado type crash was something i thought was going to happen given how ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by penfold_99 View Post
    A Gui's and Maldonado type crash was something i thought was going to happen given how low the front noses, Would hate to see the out come of a rear end shunt.
    I am still not convinced it was the front of the nose that flipped him, GUI's rear wheel went over the top of MAL's front wheel.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Danp View Post
    I am still not convinced it was the front of the nose that flipped him, GUI's rear wheel went over the top of MAL's front wheel.
    From the replays it looks like mal's front wing went under guis car and started to lift it and when the wheels touched it cause him to flip.

BBC Sport - Bahrain Grand Prix: Gutierrez flips car in terrifying crash

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    It was the wheels touching that caused it, that was confirmed.

Thank Post
    I don`t think the nose had anything to do with it, the replays showed the launch was instigated by the tyre contact.
    I think far more worrying is what might have been going through PM`s head when he decided to a) Throw one up the inside b) Not brake at the normal point when really he should have been braking well before it. The boy is quick, and we all know the team need his $ but is he really F1 grade?
    Jon.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon-Millgate View Post
    but is he really F1 grade?
    Jon.
    This has been the question even before he joined in F1, his history shows that he has a habit of doing what he wants regardless. Worst thing is he never takes responsibility and plays the victim.

Thank Post
    I don`t think anyone can question his speed, he won GP2 (granted in a weaker year) and always outperforms himself at Monaco (a good indicator of natural talent) but it`s not enough to be quick these days. I like how Romain turned it round last year and hope PM can manage the same but if not then I think they would do well letting someone like Sam Bird have the seat, or one of the World Series drivers maybe?
    Jon.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,417 Times in 973 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Can't think of a single redeeming feature for Pastor Maldonado. It is the one shining light for me in how poorly Lotus are doing, seeing that smug little smirk wiped off his face after he got into the hottest seat in the midfield purely because he's bankrolled. Even better that Williams are doing so well

That was an incredible race though, I can't remember ever seeing a duel like that. And it was happening all up and down the field! The Williams, the Force Indias, the Red Bulls, they were all fighting each other at one point. Simply awesome.

The graphic that shows up for the fuel target (they showed it a couple of times comparing Lewis & Nico) - anyone know what the third stat is? First is fuel target for the lap, second is for the race, then third is energy used - but is the green bar how much they've used or how much is left?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,873 Times in 1,391 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Also at one point right the way down it was a 2 by 2...which I thought was great!

Thank Post
    Loved it, Luca de Montezemolo, Adrian Newey and Bernie Ecclestone really do look stupid after their comments

I love the current cars, yes the noses are ugly, but I think the engine noise is great, the massive amount of torque with less downforce really makes them show who has the biggest cahoonas

Thank Post
    For me the level of excitement in a motor race is about the power:grip ratio and this year they seem to have got it right, helped out by the massive torque of course. I remember when the cars had too much power for the grip (80`s) and too much grip for the power (2000`s) and the level of wheel to wheel was adjusted accordingly.
    Lots of power and lower grip levels make for exciting racing, always has, always will - Just watch some high powered Caterhams (not the F1`s!) and see what I mean :-)
    Any of you folk been to Le Mans before? I`m making my first trip this year with some mates, after a few do`s and don`ts if anyone can help?

Thanks

Jon.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,417 Times in 973 Posts
    Blog Entries
    This week, in the continuing adventures of Pastor Maldonado, Pastor drives off the circuit because he's too busy playing with his steering wheel. Whoopsy daisy!
    BBC Sport - Chinese GP: Pastor Maldonado distracted by his steering wheel

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    He didn't help himself later on though did he:

https://vine.co/v/M1vIDQ0DQVh

Stunning pace from Hamilton again though.

XiJ

Thank Post

F1 Chat

MALdanado is a fool

I loved the mechanics reaction to his crash into the pit entry barrier.

Good Quali overall today.

Thank Post
    I don't think any team really wants Maldonado racing for them! The only trouble is that he comes with about 30m in Venezuelan fuel cash! The FIA really need to do something about his on going recklessness though!

Thank Post
    Watched the qualifying on a German channel. Interesting how the commentators' tone when mentioning Hamilton is different to what I'm used to

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread Information