+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
General Chat Thread, F1 Chat in General; Heard that rumour a while back. Cool. Although I love the Williams blue. Can't wait for this season.... More testing ...
    XiJ

Thank Post
    Heard that rumour a while back. Cool. Although I love the Williams blue.

Can't wait for this season.... More testing next week

Thank Post
    It can't start soon enough, other half though she's not looking forward to it!.

XiJ

Thank Post

F1 Chat

Season starts on my sister in laws birthday - she looks forward to it ever year lol

My wife doesn't mind it - but normally takes the kids out so I get 2-4 hours on race day to watch In peace
    Last edited by XiJ; 15th February 2014 at 08:36 AM.

Thank Post
    If any of you haven't seen the race today and are in 2 minds about staying up to watch the BBC highlights, STAY UP AND WATCH IT

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,898 Times in 1,410 Posts
    Blog Entries
    It was an amazing race!

Thank Post
    I don't want to say anything until after the BBC highlights, but I've followed F1 for nearly 30 years and that race is in my top 10 races I've ever watched.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,023 Times in 787 Posts
    Blog Entries
    That was absolutely fantastic. I won't spoil anything for those waiting for the highlights, but Mercedes, with one small token "let the drivers get on with it" have done more good PR for themselves and F1 as a whole in the midst of a dominance debate (bit early for that but still one that's being had) than either Ferrari or Red Bull ever did in their years of dominance. Just let them drive and see what happens.

Those guys have big, brass balls.

XiJ

Thank Post
    Absolutely brilliant race. Those mercs are seriously quick and fantastic driving. How Lewis held of rosberg was outstanding. Rosberg looked really annoyed actually - like any racer would initially.

And great racing down the field - force India and Ricciardo in particular.

How MALdanado doesn't get banned I've no idea. The man is a danger.

Thank Post
    I finally saw some of the highlights of an F1 race, 3 things stood out for me, racing seems to finally be back, I'm confused with all the livery changes, force India isn't orange and Williams is now white. The sound does make a difference but they should just stick a mike in the engines and it will be fixed for tv viewers.

XiJ

Thank Post
    The sound is different - but so what? People combined from v10 to v8 and probably when we lost v12 too.

Love the racing so far and the fact that we have cars that all look different and have innovative designs. As well as the efficiency / energy recovery.

Ferrari and red bull can do one

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,898 Times in 1,410 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I was rather impressed with Hamilton and Rosbergs performance AFTER the safety car...6 laps building up a 24 second lead is phenominal

Thank Post
    That was a cracking race even as a McLaren fan I can safely say that was one of the most entertaining races I have seen for a long time.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,023 Times in 787 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Oddly enough for me to say it (especially as someone who wants to see Maldonado banned (I have some more colourful nicknames but even BTRD they'd be severely frowned upon even if Frankie Boyle saw them)) it wasn't entirely Maldonado's fault. Looked worse than it was, he was entirely in Gui's blind spot and had nowhere to go. Very definition of an accident, if there's fault to be apportioned, then perhaps to the design of the pit exit.

You could tell it took HAM and ROS right back to their karting days by how they acted afterwards. Nico clearly wasn't happy but why would he be, he's just lost out to the person he want's to beat the most. Hamilton is clearly the fastest driver in F1 and is easily becoming a great all rounder to boot as he grows up, but Nico doesn't see it that way. He has something to prove. The moment Nico "tackled" Lewis in parc fermé goes to show these two have an awesome respect for eachother but have quite easily gone back to when they were kids, doing what they love most without anyone interfering with their racing with politics.
    That's how it should be.

Is it also wrong that I giggled IMMENSELY when they told Vettel that Ricciardo was faster than him? Even more so when Daniel overtook him when they were on an even keel?

Thank Post
    A Gui's and Maldonado type crash was something i thought was going to happen given how low the front noses, Would hate to see the out come of a rear end shunt.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by penfold_99 View Post
    A Gui's and Maldonado type crash was something i thought was going to happen given how low the front noses, Would hate to see the out come of a rear end shunt.
    I thought it would only be a matter of time till Maldonado was involved in yet another direct crash, not the first, second or even the third time he has done it. He drives like I used to play F1 96 where I used other cars to break and my rivals would get a clip on the front wing so they were out of the picture.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information