+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
General Chat Thread, F1 Chat in General; I want Kimi to go to Ferrari, because personally it'd put 'big headed' Alonso in his place... I reckon Kimi ...

Thank Post
    I want Kimi to go to Ferrari, because personally it'd put 'big headed' Alonso in his place... I reckon Kimi would walk all over Alonso...

Thank Post
    Kinda expected him to go to Ferrari, Apparently Lotus's financial situation isn't great. Im hoping McLaren get a contract sorted for JB soon!

Thank Post
    The fact they couldn't even pay him his salary on time at certain points during this season is poor... Not surprised he wanted to move!! And same! I hope McLaren don't drop good'ol JB

Thank Post
    Im still wounded they took on Sergio Perez instead of Paul Di Resta too

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cush2790 View Post
    Im still wounded they took on Sergio Perez instead of Paul Di Resta too
    I totally agree!! I really wanted Di Resta to get a better seat in a bigger team for next year but I can't see it happening... Unless he goes for Kimi's Lotus seat??

Thank Post
    Maybe! Should imagine his wage bill wont be as high as Kimi's so that's probably a good shout, really hoping as a McLaren fan that they learn from this season and can come back next season with a car to finally challenge RedBull, their dominance atm reminds me of the Shumacher era when I pretty much stopped watching as it was the same every race.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cush2790 View Post
    Maybe! Should imagine his wage bill wont be as high as Kimi's so that's probably a good shout, really hoping as a McLaren fan that they learn from this season and can come back next season with a car to finally challenge RedBull, their dominance atm reminds me of the Shumacher era when I pretty much stopped watching as it was the same every race.
    I do love Di Resta and McLaren, not keen on Perez if I'm honest though... I don't think McLaren will be challenging until 2015, next season will be a test run for their new design... Well that's my personal opinion. Also I'm really looking forward to Riccardo being at Red Bull, yes I know, they seem to be unstoppable atm but I've also liked Riccardo and I hope he does well!!

Thank Post
    Perez just doesn't seem mature enough yet to be a McLaren driver like the way he battled with Jenson showed a lack of respect for his team-mate but considering he replaced Hamilton I suppose maturity and respect isn't everything and yeah he's a very likeable guy Riccardo and it would be nice for someone to come in and give Vettel some competition.

Thank Post
    Compete with Vettel maybe a long shot, but I hope he does well and proves he deserved the seat! :P

XiJ

Thank Post
    I just cannot see Kimi at Ferrari - but would have two great drivers. Unfortunately I think that would weaken them as championship contenders - as they'd take points off each other. I wonder if Alonso might make a shock move.....his only option would be mclaren.

I would love to see Hulkenburg and Di Resta get a drive in a top team - I think hill at lotus would be a great package.

And I'd love to see Ricciardo do we'll as he's such a likeable fella - he won't be allowed to beat Vettel though.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XiJ View Post
    he won't be allowed to beat Vettel though.
    That say's all that needs to be said... Damn you Red Bull

Thank Post
    How do we all feel about tyres and fuel? I personally would like to see longer lasting tyres and refuelling, what's the point racing in the pinnacle of motorsport if you have to hold off for 70% of the race.

Thank Post
    Tyre wise, there needs to be a big change. Pirelli have supposedly signed a new contract to be the sole supplier of tyres for F1 for the next 5 years... (Source:Pirelli reportedly agree a new five-year deal to continue as F1's sole tyre supplier | Sky Sports)

If this is true I hope the tyres are made to last a lot longer than current tyres, like you say whats the point in holding off to prevent tyre wear!! It's become more about tactics instead of wheel to wheel racing...

&

Fuel, wheel, can't see them going back to the days of fueling during the race...

Thank Post
    It's really daft, F1 has become an endurance race when it's meant to be a full out sprint race, Le Mans especially in the LMP1 category has become a 24 hour sprint race
    Get rid of these daft tyres that you can't race on and go back to consistent tyres with decent mechanical grip, get rid of DRS, allow only two elements to the front wing extra little winglets etc, bring back a very restricted form of ground effect and give KERS a boost. Also, only communication between pitlane and car to be via pit board. Now lets go racing

Oh and lets go back to engines that make your ears bleed when you're sat in the grandstand and they're revving up for the start
    Last edited by teejay; 10th September 2013 at 11:20 AM.

Thank Post
    I did enjoy the feature bbcf1 did for McLaren's 50th with Mika and David! Loved Mika's McLaren, remember having it as a scalextric car

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information