+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
General Chat Thread, Wife will be induced on Friday. Yikes in General; Good Luck although hopefully being Baby #3 the labour might go more smoothly and a bit faster? Maybe...?...

Thank Post
    Good Luck although hopefully being Baby #3 the labour might go more smoothly and a bit faster? Maybe...?

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,378 Times in 1,674 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AMLightfoot View Post
    Good Luck although hopefully being Baby #3 the labour might go more smoothly and a bit faster? Maybe...?
    ...you'd think, wouldn't you....but that 20 year old of which I spoke, is my third....

Thank Post
    That was like something out of a saw film, this is baby no 3 so I am used to a bit of mess. Wife gave birth at home at 3.21 pm yesterday. The actual birth was fine but the placenta was stuck and that is when everything got very messy. She was rushed into hospital at about 5. they had another go at pulling the placenta out but broke the cord so she was taken into surgery. I was initially told it would take 45mins, 2 hours later the surgeon came and informed me they had had a few issues, they had put a spinal block (injection) to numb her from the waist down but this had not worked so they did another and then realised the first had started to work. The wife was told it is serious if she gets numb from her chest up, she replied that her head was getting numb and she was having issues breathing, at that point they knocked her out with gas and stuck tubes down her throat so she could breath. after the afterbirth had been removed and she started to wake she started convulsing which was very scary to watch. Anyway we are all ok. baby is named Ivy and weighed 8lbs 6oz.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,184 Times in 1,617 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by edutech4schools View Post
    That was like something out of a saw film, this is baby no 3 so I am used to a bit of mess. Wife gave birth at home at 3.21 pm yesterday. The actual birth was fine but the placenta was stuck and that is when everything got very messy. She was rushed into hospital at about 5. they had another go at pulling the placenta out but broke the cord so she was taken into surgery. I was initially told it would take 45mins, 2 hours later the surgeon came and informed me they had had a few issues, they had put a spinal block (injection) to numb her from the waist down but this had not worked so they did another and then realised the first had started to work. The wife was told it is serious if she gets numb from her chest up, she replied that her head was getting numb and she was having issues breathing, at that point they knocked her out with gas and stuck tubes down her throat so she could breath. after the afterbirth had been removed and she started to wake she started convulsing which was very scary to watch. Anyway we are all ok. baby is named Ivy and weighed 8lbs 6oz.
    Sounds rather traumatic

I am glad everything is OK for Ivy, and the rest of your family now.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,378 Times in 1,674 Posts
    Oh my goodness - that sounds awful. I am so glad that all is well and Ivy and your partner are OK. I sort of know how she felt a bit as I had an epidural with my first that worked too well and I started to have trouble breathing ( a problem when you are asthmatic) and black out with my eyes open which was really scary.

I hope the next few days are restful - well, as restful as possible

Thank Post
    Well done

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12