+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
General Chat Thread, Feeling Old in General; Originally Posted by Sunnyknight @ L3OUGH Lets do it! You gather the people, i'll find a location, and we'll split ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyknight View Post
    @L3OUGH Lets do it! You gather the people, i'll find a location, and we'll split the cost of beer & vodka & whiskey & champagne! I call for a LAN party, or clubbing night to top it off!
    I like how the beverages got slowly more and more expensive there! Expensive taste Sunny? hahaha let's call it a EduParty! I will admit now though, I'm 19 and I've NEVER been clubbing. Hahaha. The lads keep harping on at me to go, so I'll end up being roped in at some point more than likely!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rickjames View Post
    I'm 25 and slowly getting to the point where maybe I need to be like, a responsible adult or something. But then I threw that out the window last night where I got drunk for a friends birthday. On a Tuesday night.
    on a school nite? I can not do that anymore - Enjoy while you can

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hallb15 View Post
    Telling my children off and hearing myself say the same phrases as my parents used to say to me - that makes me feel old!
    I didn't realise there was an old farts group - i'll be 40 this year so I'm definitely joining...
    I completeley understand that one

Above the clouds and under the core of the earth
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by L3OUGH View Post
    I like how the beverages got slowly more and more expensive there! Expensive taste Sunny? hahaha let's call it a EduParty! I will admit now though, I'm 19 and I've NEVER been clubbing. Hahaha. The lads keep harping on at me to go, so I'll end up being roped in at some point more than likely!
    Never been clubbing? You'll love it!

Also, it ain't that expensive. Rounds of beer / ale / cider 20 each round, 30 round for vodka, 40 - 50 round of whiskey and buy 3 bottles of Moet Champ. Cheap champagne, but still! lol

EDIT: or buy cases. Case of beer / ale / cider 20. Vodka bottles total 80, Whiskey bottles total 150, Moet bottles total around 200. Tis how we roll!
    Last edited by Sunnyknight; 26th June 2013 at 01:13 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,160 Times in 794 Posts
    Also, it ain't that expensive. Rounds of beer / ale / cider 20 each round, 30 round for vodka, 40 - 50 round of whiskey and buy 3 bottles of Moet Champ. Cheap champagne, but still! lol
    Where do you work? Sounds like they're paying you too much!

6. Thanks to LosOjos from:

L3OUGH (26th June 2013)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,867 Times in 1,385 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Overpaid and underworked this guy...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LosOjos View Post
    Where do you work? Sounds like they're paying you too much!
    Hell i don't drink like that everyday, usually every week. Between 10 people it's usually around 38 - 45 each, so nothing major.

They pay me well for what i do! I work damn hard day in and out!

Thank Post
    Its a shame some of the 'younger' ones won't experience the fun of the good old BBC Micro Model B, networked with Econet and those fiddly jumper pins for setting stations ids.
    The joys of programs such as "View" Word Processing, Viewdata (teletext editor) setting printer commands like *FX5,1 (local printers) *FX5,4 (network Printers) followed by *PS[station id]

NOW I feel old :-)

Thank Post
    Never been clubbing? You'll love it!

EDIT: or buy cases. Case of beer / ale / cider 20. Vodka bottles total 80, Whiskey bottles total 150, Moet bottles total around 200. Tis how we roll!
    Never really wanted to go clubbing, mainly because my local clubs are not exactly full of nice people. More the kind that only go in to pick a fight. I'm not one for fighting 4 or 5 different guys off me in the same night! -.- But as I said, I'll get roped into going soon as the misses is even telling me to go, but we'll probably go slightly further afield to the better clubs.

And if you spend that kind of money on booze, then god help your internals.

Thank Post
    Its a shame some of the 'younger' ones won't experience the fun of the good old BBC Micro Model B
    I remember watching a black and white digitized x-wing fly for 10 seconds in a 1inch x 1inch box. We all watched it over and over in amazement.

I also remember playing Frak on the bbc BBC Micro game Frak - YouTube

and then freaky frak where he replaced the yo-yo with a male body part. very funny at the time.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,310 Times in 1,624 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rickjames View Post
    I dunno, I still make some incredibly erratic/stupid life decisions and probably don't need to; I've no big responsibilites to take care of bar staying employed and living where I want to be. Doing alright with that I guess.
    Yes, but that is exactly it - you have no big responsibilities - if you did, you might well behave very differently. It's that that makes you act differently as you get older, not your chronological age

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by witch View Post
    Yes, but that is exactly it - you have no big responsibilities - if you did, you might well behave very differently. It's that that makes you act differently as you get older, not your chronological age
    I'd disagree with that witch. I have big responsibilities. Paying towards the mortgage, paying towards 3 cars in the household, paying for 2 mobile phones on contract @ 41 each, just paid out 2000 out of 3 for the building at the back of the house, road tax, car insurance, gas and elect, water bills... but i'm still me at the end of the day.

I act childish because i thats who i am. However, when a serious discussion is in place, you'd think i'm a politican. Serious talk for serious matters, flirty talking for flirty times and kiddy for the rest lol

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by witch View Post
    Totally agree with you - but try explaining that to people my age!

I'm 25 but settled down, my "still single and living with mom and dad" mates can't understand why I'd want to stay in and relax with my family on a weekend! I'm sure they'll be back in touch when they have little ones of their own

Thank Post
    You're only as young as you feel - which is why I'm banned from parts of the office and HR are usually on speed-dial...

I'm 29 but the stuff I've done leave me feeling like I'm in my 50's (odd back and knee pains) but I happily have the mental age of 18 sometimes

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by happymeal View Post
    I'm 29 but the stuff I've done leave me feeling like I'm in my 50's (odd back and knee pains) but I happily have the mental age of 18 sometimes
    Maybe that's the trick - I think I crammed enough in to my life between 18-21 that I don't feel I'm missing out by waking up clear headed on a Saturday morning any more!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information