+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Warcraft in General; Just resubbed and am downloading the client. 22 f#ing GB! That is ridiculous for an MMO! When I left it ...
    Thank Post

Warcraft

Just resubbed and am downloading the client.

Warcraft-wow.jpg

22 f#ing GB! That is ridiculous for an MMO! When I left it was 12GB and that was excessive. Still at least I can download it all in under an hour. I remember when Burning Crusade launched I went to a 24hr ASDA and bought it at midnight. Was installed by 0130, but sadly still patching at 5am.

Thank Post
    I can't seem to quit playing this game.. played since TBC up until Cata without unsubscribing. But, both Cataclysm and MOP have been awash with me quitting and starting up again! Can't seem to kick the habit haha. I'm pretty casual now though

Thank Post
    I know, its a massive installation nowadays, compared to the initial three CDs I had to install the game.

I miss the game myself strangely enough, I even toyed with a free 7 days that I seem to have in my account on there, but I know that my Mrs would go postal, I quit before the birth of my son around Christmas, what helped me quit was that my one RL friend who was playing the game had stopped and the guild I was in had died.

I found myself logging on and running 60 content to be able to transmog my characters to the better looking gear (there hasnt been much to make a character look good in game since TBC imo), but I had not been anything near hardcore for about a year prior to quitting.

I didn't like the way that pretty much every major patch was having you relearn to play your character and your main could suddenly be "g*mped" by a patch added on top that Pandaria just seemed far too childish an expansion for me with the whole "Kung Fu" panda thing about it.

Thank Post
    World of Grindcraft you mean. No matter what they do with the new expansions, within a month your back to doing the same things time and time again to get the tokens/items to get the latest gear which will then be disenchanted 2 hours into the next expansion.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    90% of the file size is due to the art work. Every expansion demands higher and higher resolution graphics. The launcher is intelligent enough to let you download the minimum graphics to run the game, then load the higher resolution graphics in the background as you play. So you can get going before you have all 22Gb.

Also, I'm an officer in a guild on EU Quel'thalas alliance side and have plenty of SoR and RoF invites. So if anyone feels tempted and needs a home let me know.
    Last edited by Geoff; 26th June 2013 at 09:57 AM.

Thank Post
    Reroll a Dwarf Priest :O tempting, though its been ages since I entertained the idea of being an alliance dog ! :P

Above the clouds and under the core of the earth
    Thank Post
    WoW....... god it's been years since i played that. Quit after i dinged 85 on the same day as the patch being released. Thought it was bloody useless. Pvp got boring as druid + hunter was just ace and unmatched (apart from holy pala and blood dk), and then all of a sudden priests could out-dps every class

Did think of coming back a while later because a few friends went back on, but they quit as soon as they heard 'There's going to be a Panda Patch'

Graphics were nice though, at the time.

CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Last time I nipped on I did one round of dailies and quit. The end game turned into not just dailies, but so many dailies that you get overwhelmed and give up. Add to that the difficulty being too low because everyone feels entitled to a perfect run there is no challenge left in the game either.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Yes there was a lot of complaining about the amount of dailies people felt they were forced to do in Pandaria at launch. The issue has been largely addressed now. Rep grinds are no longer gated behind one another and there's only one faction for the last few patches quest hubs (Operation Shield Wall in 5.1 and the Kirin Tor Offensive in 5.3) that's relevant. You can ignore the dailies now if you want and there are several ways to get the same level of rewards if you have an irrational hatred of them. Most notably there are other ways to rep up (bonus rep from dungeons and scenarios). Valor points are massively easier to farm up too.

Thank Post
    Farming the warbringers and warscouts is easier than doing the dailies for some of the factions rep. Especially with each token giving 1000 rep

Thank Post
    MMO especially an aged one will always be big

Downloaded and installed Knights of the old republic and took a little while, nothing compared to WoW or FFXI though. Luckily enough reinstalling FFXI I just copied the folder over and rechecked, didn't take long

CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    Yes there was a lot of complaining about the amount of dailies people felt they were forced to do in Pandaria at launch. The issue has been largely addressed now. Rep grinds are no longer gated behind one another and there's only one faction for the last few patches quest hubs (Operation Shield Wall in 5.1 and the Kirin Tor Offensive in 5.3) that's relevant. You can ignore the dailies now if you want and there are several ways to get the same level of rewards if you have an irrational hatred of them. Most notably there are other ways to rep up (bonus rep from dungeons and scenarios). Valor points are massively easier to farm up too.
    Hmm think I was last on just after Shield Wall was released. Sadly didn't get a chance to see it as two factions were already vying for my time.

Thank Post
    SoR doesnt look bad with rewards now, like the look of straight to 80 levelling, misses out a whack of the old content there

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    1 - 60 got massively streamlined for Cataclysm. 60 to 85 are untouched.

Thank Post
    85-90 just got a 33% XP requirement reduction, I found myself going back too.. mopping up the Classic/BC/WoTLK content I never got round to doing.. Just completed my T6 Transmog set too :P

It's too addicting cap'n! I can't stay away!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread