+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
General Chat Thread, Anyone know whats going on with IPSCA? in General; http://certs.ipsca.com The sale of certificates has been temporarily suspended...
    Thank Post

Anyone know whats going on with IPSCA?

http://certs.ipsca.com
    The sale of certificates has been temporarily suspended

Thank Post
    Interesting, wonder what is going one

Thank Post
    It still says the same. Anyone know what's happening? I'm going to need a certificate in the next few weeks. Does anyone know of any other alternatives for free?

Thank Post
    If it's standard certificates then contact your LEA as they can provide free security certificates for schools through an agreement with JANET. They may not be aware of this so you may need to be persistent, if they contact JANET they will set them up to issue them, the certificates are actually issued through Comodo.
    Details here - https://www.ja.net/products-services...ficate-service

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by teejay View Post
    If it's standard certificates then contact your LEA as they can provide free security certificates for schools through an agreement with JANET. They may not be aware of this so you may need to be persistent, if they contact JANET they will set them up to issue them, the certificates are actually issued through Comodo.
    Details here - https://www.ja.net/products-services...ficate-service
    I thought that stopped a few years ago and you had to pay now... if not that's good to know as I'll be after an SSL cert over the summer.

Thank Post
    You have to pay now, we enquired about one, ending up going to godaddy

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,696 Times in 2,286 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Still broken, there is this lot but it is untrusted Welcome to CAcert.org and there is this lot and this lot StartSSL which seem slow and demand a personal physical address and name hopefully IPSca recovers from whatever it is.

Thank Post
    Noooo! It was free in March/April as I got a new one!

Hope they come back!

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,673 Times in 1,971 Posts
    Could it be related to this?

SSL Certificates for Internal Server Names - After 1 November 2015 Certificates for Internal Names Will No Longer Be Trusted

The CA/B Forum is a collaborative effort between Certificate Authorities (companies like DigiCert that issue publicly-trusted certificates) and web browsers (companies like Mozilla or Microsoft that facilitate secure connections).

Because of these new requirements, Certificate Authorities (CAs) must immediately begin to phase out the issuance of SSL Certificates for internal server names or reserved IP addresses and eliminate (revoke) any certificates containing internal names by October 2016. In addition, the baseline requirements prevent CAs from issuing internal name certificates that expire after November 1, 2015. After 2015 it will be impossible to obtain a publicly-trusted certificate for any host name that cannot be externally verified.

These baseline requirements are also being incorporated into global auditing standards. They were included in the WebTrust and ETSI auditing standards for CAs on Jan 1, 2013. Once the requirements are adopted, browsers will require certification from auditors that a CA meets the baseline requirements prior to renewing their root certificate.
    What Does This Mean for You?
    If you are a server admin using internal names, you need to either reconfigure those servers to use a public name, or switch to a certificate issued by an internal CA before the 2015 cutoff date. All internal connections that require a publicly-trusted certificate must be done through names that are public and verifiable (it does not matter if those services are publicly accessible).

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Unlikely, these are proper external facing certs, I emailed them and got this in reply which does not look promising. I think it may have more to do with the US governments campaign to 'own' everything internet security related so they can 'monitor' it for 'safety'.

IPSCa
    We do not know when it will be available again, so the recommendation is you purchase your cert from other CA else.

Best regards
    Hopefully they pull through but for the moment it looks like purchasing is the only option.

Thank Post
    Any update on this as I could do with getting a new certificate and ipsca is still down.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I ended up using these people https://www.rapidsslonline.com/ cheap and decent, I don't think ipsca is coming back any time soon given the political climate.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SYNACK View Post
    I ended up using these people https://www.rapidsslonline.com/ cheap and decent, I don't think ipsca is coming back any time soon given the political climate.
    Thanks for the link. I've asked Capita if they can supply a cert through JANET. I'll let you know how/if it works out

Thank Post
    Hi, I ended up buying mine via a local company Future Internet Services :: Web Hosting & SSL Certificates... which I saw recommended in another thread. It's a shame about IPSCA, can't see them coming back though.

Thank Post
    I'm going with Buy GeoTrust® - VeriSign® - Symantec® SSL Certificates At Cheaper Prices. RapidSSL® £8.99 - Free Trial and they take purchase orders which makes it much easier.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast