+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Does anyone have a Willem Eprom programmer? in General; Bit of a long shot but just wondering if anyone has an eprom programmer that can do a 49F040 flash ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,715 Times in 1,526 Posts

Does anyone have a Willem Eprom programmer?

Bit of a long shot but just wondering if anyone has an eprom programmer that can do a 49F040 flash chip aka a bios chip?

If not I'm thinking about buying one.

Possibly:

http://www.mcumall.com/comersus/stor...idProduct=4219

We have some laptops that you can set a bios password on but then you have to input it to boot the machine there is not seperate bios and startup passwords.

The password removal is a pain as I have to dismantle the laptop to remove the battery which is under the trackpad.

The bios chip however is more easily accessible under a compartment on the back so I want to be able to just reprogram it.

Ben

Thank Post

Re: Does anyone have a Willem Eprom programmer?

Hi Ben,

I looked around for a BIOS PROM programmer a few months ago for our ASUS workstations and the item you quote would be the one I'd buy. At the time it didn't come with the adaptor I needed but I see now that it does.

I found it a bit difficult to work out which particular adaptor I needed for the BIOS chip but apart from that the kit looks really good, with loads of positive feedback for the manufacturer on eBay.

The only reason I haven't bought one yet is pressure of work (feeble excuse I know!).

Hope this is of some help with your prospective purchase.

Regards,

Carl

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information