+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
General Chat Thread, What just happened?! in General; At the last company I worked we had a company in fitting some security roller shutters to in the inside ...

Thank Post
    At the last company I worked we had a company in fitting some security roller shutters to in the inside of our back doors, took them a few hours and they were a friend of a friend so working on mates rates. This clearly was not a good enough deal for them as they walked out at the end of the day with 5 brand new Samsung mobile phones (SGH-D500 iirc). Not enough evidence to prove it was them who took them and no changes were brought against them

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pottsey View Post
    What is the reasoning behind that? I never understood that rule and personally I find desks much safer and easier to use then ladders at least up to a certain height.
    In any school I've been in - you take your life in your hands simply leaning on a desk - most are held together by the decades old chewing gum and you'd need a half hundred-weight of beer coasters to level them out!

Back to the OP - If said buffoon dares show his face again, I think some BOFH tactics will be needed with regards to a repeated accident with the door of a large safe

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,320 Times in 1,711 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pottsey View Post
    What is the reasoning behind that? I never understood that rule and personally I find desks much safer and easier to use then ladders at least up to a certain height.
    Desks are not designed to support the weight of a human being, nor do they have stabilisers. In many places of employment, standing on a desk will actually be a disciplinary offence for failure to take account of Health and Safety regs. A teacher at my eldest's school smashed her thigh bone badly falling off a desk and just to add to her misery the school did give her a formal warning.

4. Thanks to elsiegee40 from:

Pottsey (20th June 2013)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12