+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
General Chat Thread, BT Complaint contact details in General; I've been dealing with BT and their shoddy customer service for nearly 2 weeks and although I've tried to make ...

Thank Post

BT Complaint contact details

I've been dealing with BT and their shoddy customer service for nearly 2 weeks and although I've tried to make a complaint no one has got back to me yet. I was told by one of their operatives that they don't have a complaints department but that can't be right surely? Although the problem is with Broadband and their so called tech support I wan't to make a generic complaint about how poor their service has been overall. Has anyone got any direct contact numbers/email address for their complaints department?

It's a bit annoying because a couple of years ago when I had a complaint I managed to speak to someone and the issue was resolved within the hour. This time, I don't seem to be able to get through to anyone who deals with complaints. All I keep getting told is "I can raise the complaint and someone will get back to you" and of course no one does.

Thank Post
    i once emailed the md and got a quick response and someone called me back fairly quickly diddnt fix anything though as my issue is their shoddy network

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,638 Times in 1,463 Posts
    I've found it's variable we once had an on-going issue that took weeks to resolve but I got a phone call everyday from the operative to update me on what was happening.

Last time I was promised a call back from a manager and that didn't materialise, I just keep ringing them telling them how bad they are and that TalkTalk are going to buy me out of my BT contract when I have a problem.

We had an issue where around 10:00pm every night the connection was appalling but apparently there was no problem after a week of ringing they miraculously found the issue and fixed it touch wood it's been fine since then.

Ben

Thank Post
    My problem has been intermittant internet disconnection. They swapped out my old HomeHub2 for a supposedly new HH3. It came as refurbished but worked at the time. Problem has been that I keep getting the same issue but more obvious on wireless. You seem to lose connection to the HH and when it reconnects you get no network. HH thinks everything is ok but you can't get back online until you reboot the router. Since then I've plugged into the HH wired and have found that not all the ports work either so it's probably been a dud since I had it. After going through their "tests" they finally agreed to send a replacement but they have sent it to the wrong address and closed the call down(twice). I've not had a single call back from them.

I haven't got time to be ringing them every day unfortunately.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,138 Times in 1,034 Posts
    Move to Zen they are brilliant - move expensive but you always get to talk to somebody who knows what they are talking about!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by glennda View Post
    Move to Zen they are brilliant - move expensive but you always get to talk to somebody who knows what they are talking about!
    I will move, but only just re-did my contract in February for 12 months so kind of stuck for a little while longer.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by penfold View Post
    I will move, but only just re-did my contract in February for 12 months so kind of stuck for a little while longer.
    if its that bad then it is not fit for purpose! What diagnostics they made you do? Noise test etc?

One of the beautys of Zen is the management portal, you can do line tests and view all the info on your own line. It is slightly more expensive (£25.50) per month for 100Gb but its zero contention and you can get line rental for £11 which saves against BT

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,638 Times in 1,463 Posts
    I pay £10 p/m for BT unlimited, if you want it sorted you'll have to do what it takes I'm afraid and hound them.

See if an alternative provider is willing to buy you out of your contract or just tell BT that anyway and if they don't sort the issues that's what you'll do.

Ben

Thank Post
    I had something similar turns out some bozo had an old digibox (or some such) with a faulty psu every night when he came home an turned it on everyone on the cabinet im connected to had either really slow (as in 0.03mb) or no internet took bt ages to find it and they cant force the owner to discard the device

Thank Post
    I remember when BT vision first went out - every time there was a football match everyone in the neighbourhood got shockingly bad speeds. I'd get DCed from WoW constantly.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by glennda View Post
    if its that bad then it is not fit for purpose! What diagnostics they made you do? Noise test etc?

One of the beautys of Zen is the management portal, you can do line tests and view all the info on your own line. It is slightly more expensive (£25.50) per month for 100Gb but its zero contention and you can get line rental for £11 which saves against BT
    The tests they originally wanted me to try was to basically connect everything wired and delete my wireless network and recreate it with a new name. Eventualy they sent the replacement HH which is what I've been having issues with over the last couple of months. With this new HH I have had problems with the internal network (which I never had previously) and they ran a couple of tests on the line which they say is fine, and once again after trying to explain to them the I thought the issue was with the HH as I couldn't always connect they agreed to send out a replacement.

I think what really gets me is their attitude though, I keep getting told they will gaurentee to solve my problem and fully agree with me, but they don't actually do anything. I don't want them to be my best mate, I want them to do their job. I have been told now that a new HH is on it's way and I've managed to check on the order and can see that they have got the address wrong again dispite telling them 3 times last night. They have the town and street the wrong way round but the house number and postcode is correct so hopefully I will still get it.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by penfold View Post
    The tests they originally wanted me to try was to basically connect everything wired and delete my wireless network and recreate it with a new name. Eventualy they sent the replacement HH which is what I've been having issues with over the last couple of months. With this new HH I have had problems with the internal network (which I never had previously) and they ran a couple of tests on the line which they say is fine, and once again after trying to explain to them the I thought the issue was with the HH as I couldn't always connect they agreed to send out a replacement.

I think what really gets me is their attitude though, I keep getting told they will gaurentee to solve my problem and fully agree with me, but they don't actually do anything. I don't want them to be my best mate, I want them to do their job. I have been told now that a new HH is on it's way and I've managed to check on the order and can see that they have got the address wrong again dispite telling them 3 times last night. They have the town and street the wrong way round but the house number and postcode is correct so hopefully I will still get it.
    Don't you just hate the script monkeys. We diagnose this stuff on a daily basis, 'turn it off and on again' isn't going to help. It gets me really mad. Virgin Media aren't much better though.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AMLightfoot View Post
    Don't you just hate the script monkeys. We diagnose this stuff on a daily basis, 'turn it off and on again' isn't going to help. It gets me really mad. Virgin Media aren't much better though.
    To be fair I have asked before now what they were trying to do and was told "I am trying to test the connection" but when you ask exactly what they are trying to test they can't give you an answer. To me this is the problem with shipping out all the call centre tech support out of the UK. The employ people who haven't got the skills. But as you say, you pay peanuts...

The other thing that is annoying me is that every time I try to make a complaint, I end up back to the same people because it's about the tech support they offer. I'm obviously being a bit dim & choosing the wrong menu options!!
    Last edited by penfold; 19th June 2013 at 01:01 PM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Given that I've written the scripts similar monkies use. I usually am able to give the responses that will get me to the outcome I desire, regardless of how technically inept the first line telephone support is.

Thank Post
    Plug a phone into the master socket and call 17070 select option 2 I think it is and listen to see if you get noise, it should be 100% quiet with no noise - if you do then it could well be that.

16. Thanks to glennda from:

penfold (19th June 2013)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast