+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
General Chat Thread, Game of Thrones - S03E09 (Possible Spoilers) in General; Just watched this episode and I am STUNNED and shocked! I've never felt this way before from watching a TV ...

Thank Post

Game of Thrones - S03E09 (Possible Spoilers)

Just watched this episode and I am STUNNED and shocked! I've never felt this way before from watching a TV show but this was completely mental! I can't come to terms with what's happened! One mental twist after another! It's like Sean Bean loosing his head all over again but 100 times worse!!! Aaahggghhhh!!!!!!!!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I've been waiting for this season, and the next :-), to see how they tackle certain things.

This feeling is incredibly common when reading fantasy like this, at least for the books I've read. Malazan books of the fallen did this so many times. (killed characters you love). But it is the first time it has been quite like this for TV, although battlestar probably came close.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawns View Post
    Just watched this episode and I am STUNNED and shocked! I've never felt this way before from watching a TV show but this was completely mental! I can't come to terms with what's happened! One mental twist after another! It's like Sean Bean loosing his head all over again but 100 times worse!!! Aaahggghhhh!!!!!!!!

4. Thanks to Miscbrah from:

Rawns (7th June 2013)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,428 Times in 982 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Ready to watch it tonight with the missus I've read the books though so I know what's coming, and I've known it would be this episode since they released the episode titles.

Really, really looking forward to the next wedding though...

Thank Post
    If you think this has a happy ending, you haven&#39;t been paying attention... - YouTube <--- Extremely relevant quote from the series

I hate to break it to you, but this is not the first time Game Of Thrones will do this to you.

@sonofsanta As a fellow book reader I have to say: Prepare yourself for it to be more brutal than the book version. More characters die in the TV show RW than in the book, and they all die in a way more gruesome and horrific way. Brilliant stuff.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sdrawkcab View Post
    @sonofsanta As a fellow book reader I have to say: Prepare yourself for it to be more brutal than the book version. More characters die in the TV show RW than in the book, and they all die in a way more gruesome and horrific way. Brilliant stuff.
    More horrific will be some achievement but they seem to be getting more violent - certainly Theon's party has been brutal, they never explicitly called out the flaying of his most precious part before...

Thank Post
    I especially like the compilation video of "reactions" someone put together on YouTube.

9. Thanks to JohnCondon from:

Rawns (7th June 2013)

Thank Post
    The violence was really well done IMO. I'm just seriously stunned with the fact that all those characters died that I saw none of this coming. I expected Rob and his army to be the hero, defeat everyone and become king. Now I know the line "If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention", I'll be sure to expect nothing.

If Tyrian the P(imp) is killed off at any time though, that's when I will stop watching!

Also, I'm still really curious to know what's going to happen to Theon!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Everything that happens to Theon is justly deserved!!!

I was going to say some other things but i see now there are some people here who haven't read the book yet, so i wont.

12. Thanks to Marshall_IT from:

Rawns (7th June 2013)

Thank Post
    I was mortified at this episode!!
    "If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention" - will be on top of my mind whenever watching GoT now!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshall_IT View Post

I was going to say some other things but i see now there are some people here who haven't read the book yet, so I wont.
    This is true. He bottled it to impress daddy and now has ruined everything.

Thanks, I'm reading book one ATM so have no idea what's coming next. However as the season final is still to come, god knows what's in store after this!!!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonofsanta View Post
    More horrific will be some achievement but they seem to be getting more violent - certainly Theon's party has been brutal, they never explicitly called out the flaying of his most precious part before...
    GRRM himself said they'd made it more brutal than he ever imagined!

I have to say, in a kind of bizarre way I've been enjoying what the writers have been doing with the Theon scenes. By keeping his torturers identity (mostly) secret, the scenes are as much Barry (not revealing his real identity here) torturing the viewer as he is torturing Theon. Pointing out all the visual clues the directors keep dropping in (e.g. the fact that Barry always blows a horn, the method of torture being used etc) has also proved to be a fun way of torturing my friends as they remain completely clueless as to his identity! It really is very obvious, especially if you go back and watch the end of season 2.

Edit: Needless to say, "If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention" is a line as much directed at the viewer as it is at Theon.
    Last edited by Sdrawkcab; 7th June 2013 at 09:04 AM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshall_IT View Post
    I don't know about justly deserved - what is happening to him and the effect it has is horrific. He made some bad decisions, but he isn't inherently a bad person - he's just trying to impress Daddy (who probably is just a bad person). I said some very choice words about Theon book 2, with the heads above the gate, but I do feel sorry for him now.

I have to say, one thing the series inarguably did better than the books: Tyrion's line a couple of weeks ago, "If my father wants someone to get f*%ed, I know where he can start." Brilliant.

EDIT: @Sdrawkcab - I'm the other way round to you - I preferred the way that was done in the books, with the subterferge and betrayal by the end of Book 2. Made it all the nastier for Theon. I can see why they changed it, to keep the character count down at the end of Season 2, but they've really stretched out the "who is he?" aspect of it. Theon's torture has been this season's sexposition - "there's 3 minutes runtime still to fill, what shall we do?" "More torture!"
    Last edited by sonofsanta; 7th June 2013 at 09:04 AM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    !!! SPOILERS !!!!

Highlight to see spoilers!!

{I'm very apprehensive about what the next wedding, they really could diverge mroe than they have.
    I really liked the way it played out in the books, If they kill more the Tywin and Tyrion's whore (i'm not even sure which one this will be)
    I said this at hte start of this season but next season is going to be epic!!!
    }

Thank Post
    This cracked me up a bit
    Game of Thrones - S03E09 (Possible Spoilers)-sex.jpg

19. 3 Thanks to visioN:

dwhyte85 (10th June 2013), Rawns (7th June 2013), sonofsanta (7th June 2013)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast