+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, FPV Quadcopter Okehampton Castle in General; Hi All, Here is a video shot with my new GoPro Black Edition, its temporarily mounted to my frame. The ...

Thank Post

FPV Quadcopter Okehampton Castle

Hi All,
    Here is a video shot with my new GoPro Black Edition, its temporarily mounted to my frame. The castle in Okehampton is the largest in Devon but is in ruins, such a beautiful day.

Best viewed full screen @720p

2. 2 Thanks to JAB1a:

FragglePete (27th May 2013), ZeroHour (27th May 2013)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Nice as always; splashed out on a GoPro then?

Mine is going well, getting in a lot of flights and really starting to get the hang of it. Starting to steer it more now with the left stick rather than crabbing it around all the time. I think I'm ready for a camera on it now!

Thanks for the video.

Pete

4. Thanks to FragglePete from:

JAB1a (27th May 2013)

Thank Post
    I finally pulled the trigger o the GoPro, I had hovered over the buy now button for so long that It was a now or never situation. I am amzed at how good and small it is...bit miffed at GoPro for not adding so many features to the WiFi side as you can steam pre-recorded video from it and copy files off (limited to 300kb/s) etc using 3rd party apps of its webfront.

Wicked news about for flying, yawing can take some time and practise, the rabbit flight controller has a great feauture for that, its called 'care free' so that if you ever get disorientated then you can flip the switch and what ever direction it is facing then it will take its orientation from the point that you armed the quad on the ground so you can just pull the stick back and it will return to you (in theory of course).

I look forward to seeing some of your vids Pete, keep up the good work

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1a View Post
    I finally pulled the trigger o the GoPro, I had hovered over the buy now button for so long that It was a now or never situation. I am amzed at how good and small it is...bit miffed at GoPro for not adding so many features to the WiFi side as you can steam pre-recorded video from it and copy files off (limited to 300kb/s) etc using 3rd party apps of its webfront.

Wicked news about for flying, yawing can take some time and practise, the rabbit flight controller has a great feauture for that, its called 'care free' so that if you ever get disorientated then you can flip the switch and what ever direction it is facing then it will take its orientation from the point that you armed the quad on the ground so you can just pull the stick back and it will return to you (in theory of course).

I look forward to seeing some of your vids Pete, keep up the good work
    Got 'simple mode' on the APM2.5 - similar thing, but not really using it though. Have been playing with Loiter mode which is just awesome; it's like a handbrake in the air! Bravely tried the 'RTL' the other day; scary watching the thing ascend to a pre-set height, turn slowly towards you and make its own way back hover for a few seconds and slowly land from where it took off!

Having an Orange Set of Props on the front has really helped with orientation, but I want to get a bright LED on the front next to help more (may even get the full navigation set of lights!), but the camera is getting high on the 'want' list now but just can't justify the cost at the moment.

Pete

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread