+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
General Chat Thread, Woolwich Attack in General; Originally Posted by pooley Doesn't matter why they did it, THEY DID IT. Unfortunatley the only punishment they can recieve ...
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pooley View Post
    Doesn't matter why they did it, THEY DID IT. Unfortunatley the only punishment they can recieve is "life" imprisonment, which is never for life. Bring back Capitol punishment - Life for a life.
    Which is what these 2 fellas said, an eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth and that just completes the circle. You kill one of ours we kill one of yours and so on and so on. An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind.

2. Thanks to Pyroman from:

E_G_R2 (23rd May 2013)

Thank Post
    The fact a soldier was beheaded in broad daylight in a similar way that was plotted by the terrorist cell broken up by the police a few years ago makes it a cobra incident. Liveleaks got a bit on it. LiveLeak.com - Beheading in Woolwich, UK - British Soldier Dead The twitter feed takes some translating though. Islamic extemism is getting bigger in Africa (can I say that or am I racist?) so its to be expected that they join the party.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyroman View Post
    Which is what these 2 fellas said, an eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth and that just completes the circle. You kill one of ours we kill one of yours and so on and so on. An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind.
    An eye for an eye takes one less nutter off this planet, better that then letting him play on his xbox in prison for 25 years (out in 2 weeks with a tag on)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Simcfc73 View Post
    An eye for an eye takes one less nutter off this planet, better that then letting him play on his xbox in prison for 25 years (out in 2 weeks with a tag on)
    and you then create a martyr, i think (for once) the police did a decent job by not killing these 2 fellas, the hanging around and waiting for police makes me wonder whether that was their intended outcome, to either be shot and killed by other soldiers or the feds (suicide by cop). At least as they're alive they can be interrogated and interviewed

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Simcfc73 View Post
    and yo remove any chance of rehabilitation and if you can rehabilitate someone like that then surely that is a good thing (and for all we know they may have mental health issues and its very harsh to execute someone for something they cant control)

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,379 Times in 1,675 Posts
    Life actually does mean life if the judge says so. The Yorkshire Ripper will never be free. Ditto the Soham murderer and others.

Could I also point out that people who kill are neither Christian or Moslem as both faiths do not allow murder of innocents, and the Qu'ran says that those who kill a child will never go to the divine afterlife.
    The Qu'ran also states far more tolerance and respect of Christianity and other religions than the other way around.
    As always, it is people and culture who corrupt the message of these essentially peaceful religions

8. Thanks to witch from:

E_G_R2 (23rd May 2013)

CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Sadly the ones in power or the loudest voice aren't the peaceful ones, they are the people who insist on Sharia law, religious warfare and fanaticism for a grip on power. This drowns out the peaceful ones, corrupts Islamic youth and the cycle repeats itself. It's also a very dangerous prospect to be a Christian in the Middle East as they get abused, massacred and imprisoned on a daily basis by vigilantes and the law.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zag View Post
    Imagine the outcry if it was a Muslim man that was the victim on the street.
    BBC News - Mohammed Saleem killed leaving prayers in Small Heath - Sorry just noticed it was linked earlier.
    Last edited by Theblacksheep; 23rd May 2013 at 12:55 PM.

Thank Post
    Personally I think the sooner society and humankind grows out of religion and xenophobia the better. Causes so much hatred and chaos with little to no gain for humanity at all. If only it was a simple task to ban organised religion

12. Thanks to LiamH from:

Rawns (23rd May 2013)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamH View Post
    Personally I think the sooner society and humankind grows out of religion and xenophobia the better. Causes so much hatred and chaos with little to no gain for humanity at all. If only it was a simple task to ban organised religion
    Atheists can be just as bad. Stalin was an atheist. People will carry out brutal acts in the name of an atheist system or demonstrate bravery and generosity in the name of a religious one.

It comes down to the individual at the end of the day.

And if you want us to 'grow out of xenophobia' I think you're going to be bitterly disappointed. Our inherent nature is tribal and has been for half a million years. You can't just wish that away.

You'd have as much success just banning dickheads as banning organised religion. We're wired for it, like it or not. Again, part of our evolutionary heritage.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatpackhamster View Post
    Atheists can be just as bad. Stalin was an atheist.
    I look forward to your evidence that Stalin perpetrated his crimes in the name of "atheism".

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pcstru View Post
    I look forward to your evidence that Stalin perpetrated his crimes in the name of "atheism".
    It's like you didn't understand the words in my post.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,170 Times in 798 Posts
    It's like you picked an irrelevant fact out of mid air...

Thank Post
    You could try using words which make some sense or form a sentence which is a true reflection of the world. It might even make a pleasant change.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LosOjos View Post
    It's like you picked an irrelevant fact out of mid air...
    Why is it irrelevant? It's a good way to demonstrate that religion doesn't make you a bad person and atheism doesn't make you a good person.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast