+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Google have managed to amuse me this lunch time .. in General; Well, apart from the searching "Atari Breakout" in Google Images for a bit of light relief, I've been looking into ...
    Thank Post

Google have managed to amuse me this lunch time ..

Well, apart from the searching "Atari Breakout" in Google Images for a bit of light relief, I've been looking into the Google Apps solution for a client of mine, just checking on payment methods and such as I've always managed to get clients on the free version until they removed it. As most clients are smaller offices, that's been fine.

Anywho, this new one wants Google so I thought I'd check on payment details and I love the fact that Google state:

What forms of payment do you accept?
    You can pay with any major credit card or via your bank account (direct debit). Unfortunately we do not accept Google Checkout or other forms of payment.
    So, let me get this straight, they don't accept their own online monetary system? That doesn't really enthuse me with using it for other things if the people who made it don't accept it! lol..

Right .. back to the slog

Thank Post
    Not accepting your own product is quite common. When photo drivers licences where introduced in South Australia, (1980's I think) you had to go into motor reg and they would photograph you, with the photo being printed directly onto the licence. In those days you had to renew your licence every year, so when you came to renew, you had to take a some form of id. The photo licence wasn't acceptable, but a gas bill was. The problem here was, I lived in a share house, and all of the utility bills where in an assumed name, which was quite common. Tenants would come and go and it saved the hassle of contacting gas board, etc. I think I used my bank book as id.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread