+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
General Chat Thread, School Asset Manager in General; Well, after an entire summer of tagging like maniacs, we're now starting to use SAM to it's full potential. It's ...
    Thank Post
    Well, after an entire summer of tagging like maniacs, we're now starting to use SAM to it's full potential.
    It's going to greatly improve our system of writing equipment off. Just print a report of all items marked as Disposed and give it to the governors. Quick and easy.
    It's also working well in terms of loaning equipment. I can easily find out when and who a piece of equipment has gone to and when to expect it back.
    I've created a few extra fields such as lamp replacement dates and filter cleaning dates for projectors. This then emails me after a certain time to remind me when they're next due.

All in all, we're really happy with the system. One gripe is that their app could do with a bit of updating.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WithoutMotive View Post
    Anybody else use this?
    It's a web-based/QR code based inventory service.
    I have training on it tomorrow. Looks pretty good.

www.schoolassetmanager.co.uk
    yeah we use it too, i dont mind it everything seems to be great, have had to tell the company to stop calling however they are a little too keen on consistently calling asking 'how are things going' which are always at the most inopportune moments. There is one major issue i do have is that they are able to view any users passwords on the site, i was a little horrified to say the least when they ran a 'security check' when ic alled and asked me to tell them certain characters of my password

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WithoutMotive View Post
    Well, after an entire summer of tagging like maniacs, we're now starting to use SAM to it's full potential.
    We started to do this but we soon realised that tagging the 2000 plus devices would be both soul destroying and there would have inevitably been a lot of room for error. In the end we asked SAM for a serial number seach, they stuck one on and we're using the serial number stickers that come with all the devices anyway!

Thank Post
    Yeh we looked at SAM and a couple of others. Asset track and Tesfoundation. Didn't much like Sam, looked clunky. Asset track looked ancient but rapid scanners for collection. Tesfoundation was the best of the bunch for us. Easy to use, handy app, good reports.

Thank Post
    We are trying it at the minute.

Personally I'm not a fan. The stickers they provide are next to useless, they come off way too easily, much of the time the QR code scanner is slower then simply typing in the number manually.

Thank Post
    We've been using it since November last year, and trying to get everything added to it... but we've found the scanner & system to work really well overall... Could your firewall be filtering the traffic? May be worth adding a rule to allow it to go out directly... The stickers have been pretty reliable so far too - maybe it's a dodgy batch or the surfaces are unsuitable/dusty... Their support seems pretty good so they should be able to help if you're having problems...

7. Thanks to RichCowell from:

SchoolAssetManager (13th May 2014)

Thank Post
    Hi Ardouisur,

Sorry to hear that you are not enjoying your trial with our product. We do have additional covers available for you if you are having issues with our tags and will be only too happy to replace the provided iTouch if it is this device that you feel is slow to scan?

Thankyou,

Thank Post
    We use this system and had have no issues. The only slight problem was the app. Since the introduction of iOS 7, it tends to crash after scanning every five or so assets. But I think this is more likely something to do with iOS7 rather than the app.

Its a very good asset system and does what it says on the tin. Once you have added everything onto the system it does save time and makes moving equipment etc quite easy.

10. Thanks to Alkaline from:

SchoolAssetManager (13th May 2014)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12