+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Impero in General; Just had Impero installed, great product! But just as important, fantastic support. Spent 1.5 hours doing the client install,( sorting ...

Thank Post

Red face Impero

Just had Impero installed, great product! But just as important, fantastic support.

Spent 1.5 hours doing the client install,( sorting out mcrapy issue ) then got shown around Impero and some of what it can do.

This company is on the money with its support, let's hope it continues that way.

2. Thanks to sluggster66 from:

russdev (15th May 2013)

Thank Post
    honestly the support is great! when i started here i had never seen it, didn't give it much thought, after a month or so of being there we got a 'how are things' call from them from which we arranged a tour of the product and explained the support. they are really nice people and seem a great company.

we use it loads now. its really powerful! from remote msi installs to remote task manager....

no i am not a sales rep lol

4. Thanks to One_Minute_Hero from:

russdev (15th May 2013)

Thank Post
    I'll second that - I've put in three suppport tickets through their site in the last month (all very minor niggles after upgrading to V4, just things I wanted to let them know about, really) and every time without fail, I have had someone call the same day with a fix - the last two I actually had a call within fifteen minutes of submitting the ticket!

Absolutely can't fault them

6. Thanks to Valyyn from:

russdev (15th May 2013)

Thank Post
    We have impero in 3 of our schools and we had someone from impero out a couple of weeks ago who told us about version 4 but not heard from him since and hes not returned any of my calls. My question is do Impero do the upgrade or do they send you the files for you to do the upgrade. I am about to do staff training on this but I dont want to show them version 3 if we are moving to version 4.

8. Thanks to macboy81 from:

russdev (15th May 2013)

Thank Post
    I believe they're doing a slow roll-out of V4 at the moment so as to work out the bugs faster and not overwhelm their support guys.

With us, Impero called us up and asked if we were free to do the upgrade. We asked them to call back after school, which they did.

They then mark your account as being V4 enabled, and on the server you do a check for updates (they were on the phone to us the whole time).

It then updates and, after a reboot, we started updating the clients as they checked in automatically.

From my experience (happy to be corrected though!), you may as well do your training with v3 anyway, since there's not much difference from a user point of view between 3 and 4 - it's a lot smarter looking with nicer icons and a bit faster but that's it really.

The real differences are in the back end for the admins, with things like patch management and much faster log viewing etc.

10. 2 Thanks to Valyyn:

macboy81 (15th May 2013), russdev (15th May 2013)

Thank Post
    Thanks I will arrange the training

12. Thanks to macboy81 from:

russdev (15th May 2013)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyyn View Post
    I believe they're doing a slow roll-out of V4 at the moment so as to work out the bugs faster and not overwhelm their support guys.

With us, Impero called us up and asked if we were free to do the upgrade. We asked them to call back after school, which they did.

They then mark your account as being V4 enabled, and on the server you do a check for updates (they were on the phone to us the whole time).

It then updates and, after a reboot, we started updating the clients as they checked in automatically.

From my experience (happy to be corrected though!), you may as well do your training with v3 anyway, since there's not much difference from a user point of view between 3 and 4 - it's a lot smarter looking with nicer icons and a bit faster but that's it really.

The real differences are in the back end for the admins, with things like patch management and much faster log viewing etc.

First thanks for all the comments and as above that is how upgrade happens etc.

Russell

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread