+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Uncanny coinkydink in General; Me and the missus went to see Sean Lock in York last night, pretty funny but we were absolutely shattered ...

Thank Post

Uncanny coinkydink

Me and the missus went to see Sean Lock in York last night, pretty funny but we were absolutely shattered as it was birthday treat weekend and I had been out and about all weekend. One of the jokes he uses is how hard his wife finds it to buy him presents and once he took an interest in birds through the window he ended up in a filed with a big leather glove on with massive birds attacking him.

Not 6 hours earlier I was stood in a field with a massive glove on with a golden eagle landing on me. he joked he hated it so there was a bit of nervous looks between me and the wife so i had to keep reassuring her I loved it.

I would recommend it to anyone who likes the outdoors, I did the full day experience which ended with an eagle landing on the glove... awesome. This place is where I went. The Falconry Centre

Sorry for the spoiler to one of Locks jokes but it still makes me smile.

Thank Post
    At Pembroke Castle, my grandson got to drag the rabbit across the field. He was given a head start then the falcon was released. I think they must know exactly when to release in order for the runner to nearly make it.

Thank Post
    Is your missus a fan of Alan Partridge too then?

Thank Post
    Must admit I was a bit disappointed when I went to see him in Malvern a couple of weeks ago, shame as I was really looking forward to it. I thought he was a bit too slow, a few comedians can really play on that and it works brilliantly (I'm thinking Peter Kay being able to walk on stage, say something then stop to drink from his bottle of water and still manage to make the audience chuckle away with just a look) but something obviously didn't quite click that night, judging by the general lack of laughs most of the audience agreed!
    There were some excellent bits don't get me wrong but as a package...nah!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,715 Times in 1,526 Posts
    Milton does that for me you can still be laughing five minutes later and he'll just stand there waiting for you to get over it before the next one

Ben

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information