+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Iron Man 3 in General; Just got back from seeing this (I love my job where I can pop out early and catch an early ...

Thank Post

Iron Man 3

Just got back from seeing this (I love my job where I can pop out early and catch an early screening). I love Black as a director, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang was one of my fave films but I can't work out if I really liked this or was disappointed with it. I won't do any spoilers but there is not enough Iron Man except for the bit shown in the spoiler filled trailer. I did enjoy Pearce but felt a bit cheated by the baddy after Avengers Assemble. It was very funny though, some really good gags. It was funny at the end when all the sad geeks sat through the credits to get to the extra bit. Will be interested how Avengers 2 develops after this, Thor 2 looks silly and it sounds like Cap America is going back in time.... maybe DC will start catching up with Supes... it does look very good but lets hope its not as pretentious as Watchmen.

Thank Post
    Gotta say that I loved it. On the way home we were debating whether it was the best of the three or not.

Thank Post
    Was good, but I agree with Simcfc, not enough actual Iron Man action in the film really. One is still the best in my opinion. Two and Three roughly equal.

Thank Post
    We were having a debate as to whether 'fixing' PP just made her stable so she can show up in the next Avengers film as a hero.

HBJB

Thank Post
    So would you guys recommend to see in the cinema or wait to watch it on DVD\Bluray?

Thank Post
    Certainly didn't like the 3D stuff - brought nothing to it, so that was a waste.

Thank Post
    I'll be waiting for the Bluray to come out! as I have an A+ setup at home, Plus I can't stand it when some one's phone go's off or some one talking tho most of the film!!!
    I can see it in the News IT Tech Kills in cinema for ppl talking....

I'll wait! Got django unchained coming out on the 20th May not seen it yet. So looking forward to it

Thank Post
    Loved the humour in it, especially the "twist"

Went to see it on Saturday and overall I really enjoyed it, I agree there was a fair few lulls in the action, but at least it wasn't as broody as batman or emo spider man (3 ugh!)

Did think before watching it that the whole thing would be a bit diminished by the avengers, i mean it cant get that far down stream without a paddle for them to not just use the "batphone" so to speak and get crew involved, and while there are few references to the avengers I didn't notice any reasons they wouldn't be involved (hulk on holiday in Ireland for st paddies day for example) but they did pull it off well.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by w-clarke101 View Post
    I'll be waiting for the Bluray to come out! as I have an A+ setup at home, Plus I can't stand it when some one's phone go's off or some one talking tho most of the film!!!
    I can see it in the News IT Tech Kills in cinema for ppl talking....

I'll wait! Got django unchained coming out on the 20th May not seen it yet. So looking forward to it
    Thats the reason I stopped going to the cinema except for special films. Going straight from work usually means they are almost an empty screen and the people their are fanboys. Have to say the cinema was deadly quiet throughout but I was sat 4 rows from the front.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,481 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Considering the Hulk can jump between planets, him being in Ireland isn't much of an issue...lol

Thank Post
    I loved the film! I didnt watch 1 and 2 on big screen, but this time I decided to go to the cinema. And 3D impressed me. Really, I think that such films must be seen on huge screen. Its like you inside the film and this special effects, that were made for 3d, are really great.
    I wonder, if there is the last part or they will decide to make the Iron Man 4?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread