+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Seagulls in General; Does anyone know who I can report my neighbour to for feeding seagulls? Or if there is anything I can ...
    Thank Post

Seagulls

Does anyone know who I can report my neighbour to for feeding seagulls? Or if there is anything I can do about it.. They are a really pain. Keep tapping our windows after food. Keep getting s*#t down the windows that we pay each month ro be cleaned!
    Last edited by Devontechie; 15th April 2013 at 06:51 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,170 Times in 1,605 Posts
    Seagulls are a fact of life where you live! You could have a word with the council's Environmental Health department.

Thank Post
    There are several things that you can do.
    • Get one of these link one - it's been damn effective at keeping the f***ing pigeons off my roof and crapping all over the door. You'll have to move if around every few months.
    • Get some of these link two which stopped the f***ing pigeons sitting on my TV aerial and crapping all over the door.
    • Get one of these link three it may or may not actually help with the problem, but it is a medical fact that sitting with one lowers the blood pressure.

There is also some sticky stuff that you can spread out which will keep them away - I can't find it at the mo but look up bird control.

As a last resort, feed them yourself but mix Alka-Seltzer with the feed. Probably against the law in Blighty but it will keep them away!

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,679 Times in 2,272 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by unixman_again View Post
    As a last resort, feed them yourself but mix Alka-Seltzer with the feed. Probably against the law in Blighty but it will keep them away!
    Ummm, that can have unexpected consequences. I am reminded of something that happened near my old Intermediate school, there were LOTS of seagulls there to and someone decided the bread and baking soda method might drive them away. Not sure if they overdid it with the soda or added another ingredient. Anyhow one day it looked like a scene from resident evil with dead seagulls falling from the sky and roofs. There was a hell of a mess, a hell of a clean-up and a rather serious investigation after that. Less seagulls though and only a few emotionally scared students.

Thank Post
    When we used Alka-Seltzer on seagulls in Australia, it made them a bit sick but didn't kill them. They kept away from the block of flats where I lived, which was right on the sea front. Here's a link about controlling seagulls in Birmingham & Coventry - they must be a bit lost; here in Brum we're about as far from the sea as you can get.

Here's the sticky stuff that I mentioned aboveBird Repellent Gel

Thank Post
    I have seen seagulls in southern Germany & the Alps.......

My brother-in-law once had a T-shirt with the caption 'Help clean up Portsmouth.... eat a seagull'

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by unixman_again View Post
    There are several things that you can do.
    • Get one of these link one - it's been damn effective at keeping the f***ing pigeons off my roof and crapping all over the door. You'll have to move if around every few months.
    I've got one of these falcons they do nothing except give the birds another place to sit. my neighbour keeps feeding birds, I expect a comment one day about wasting water by having to keep washing my car.
    Last edited by andy_nic; 16th April 2013 at 09:50 AM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread