+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, cannot save file as .jpeg please help in General; I am saving pictures from fb and they are .jpeg. I want them to be saved as such but when ...
    Thank Post

cannot save file as .jpeg please help

I am saving pictures from fb and they are .jpeg. I want them to be saved as such but when i right click and choose save picture as it doesn't give me the option to save as .jpeg but only .png or bitmap. Any solutions please?
    agiles

Thank Post
    Facebook likes to mess with direct access to image files that they host, but in this case it sounds like a browser issue. Try it in a different browser. If it works in a different browser then you can start to look at the profile on the broken browser. Which browser are you using?

Thank Post
    I was using IE and when I opened it on Firefox then it could be saved as jpeg. Please can you explain what you mean by starting to look at the profile on the broken browser?
    Thanks
    agiles

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,387 Times in 1,767 Posts
    When you go to save the pictures in Internet Explorer, is the default filename Untitled.bmp? If so, you need to delete your Temporary Internet Files...

Internet Explorer saves images as bitmaps (.bmp Files) KB810978

Thank Post
    Will try to solve the problem later but I think it was also a browser problem.
    thanks alot
    appreciate
    agiles

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by agiles View Post
    I was using IE and when I opened it on Firefox then it could be saved as jpeg. Please can you explain what you mean by starting to look at the profile on the broken browser?
    Thanks
    agiles
    That it works in another browser says that it's either a bug in the software or something messed up in the user profile, such as a setting or add-on. Next step is to run IE without Add-Ons and see if that works. Something like "Start->Programs->Accessories->System Tools->Internet Explorer (No Add-Ons)".

If it works without add-ons, then it's just process of elimination. Disable some add-ons, see if it works, if not then enable those and disable some other add-ons, until you've narrowed it down to one.

If it's not related to add-ons, it could be some other setting. Try logging in as a different user on that same machine and see if it works. If so, then log in as the original user and use IE's big reset button. Control Panel->Internet Options->Advanced tab->Reset

What version of IE? I think I found a bug (unrelated to this, but I'm just saying this to point out that they may have released it in an imperfect condition) in IE10 this morning...google produces a few threads on Microsoft support forums but none that were resolved.
    Last edited by ronanian; 13th April 2013 at 07:12 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread