+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Most IT Admins Considering Quitting Due To Stress in General; Link: Most IT admins considering quitting due to stress ...Although users are not causing IT staff as much stress as ...

Can't talk now: The mother-ship is calling!
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,286 Times in 878 Posts
    Blog Entries

Most IT Admins Considering Quitting Due To Stress

Link: Most IT admins considering quitting due to stress

...Although users are not causing IT staff as much stress as they used to, it isn’t stopping them from creating moments that make IT admins want to tear their hair out in frustration. The survey asked IT admins what the most ridiculous thing was they had seen an end user do.

Responses included stories of users complaining their mouse wasn't working when they were trying to use a foam stress squeezer, a user thinking there was a ghost in her PC when IT support staff remoted into it to deliver support, a user who reported the Windows version as being “Patio Doors”, and stories of users who folded up a 5.25 inch floppy disc in order to fit it into a 3.5 inch disc drive...
    Not sure how old this survey is if admins are reporting problems with users and 5 1/4" floppy disks. That bit made me chuckle nevertheless.
    Last edited by DaveP; 28th March 2013 at 10:11 PM. Reason: Add detail to the post to clarify content.

Thank Post
    The biggest problem I think is the seemingly never-ending day due to remote access. You help someone once out of hours as a favour and it's surprising how quickly out of hours fixes become expected.

Thank Post
    One of the reasons why I left the IT department at the NHS trust I worked for and moved to a smaller company who provide another service and IT is just part of it.

Having no remote access means I can only access email through OWA and thats it. There was 20 of us looking to potentially work in other roles because we was all stressed out and it was affecting out health.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,050 Times in 919 Posts
    Interesting survey I would agree that I consider it most weeks as poor planning by others despite me making things very clear often leaves me looking stupid and frustrated or embarrassed. I pride myself on planning and being organised and having to go back to trusted suppliers saying you know how I said no ta as we had been refused it well now they want it and want it now and the opposite its very embarrassing. Thankfully I have a good lot of suppliers, a number EduGeek supporters who are understanding.

I know i'm not the only one here who has said this time next year I won't be in Education or the current job and I'm doing my best to make it so.....

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread