+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Brief note for TalkStraight (Schools Broadband) customers in General; There's a nationwide outage currently, just in case you're wondering why any services/internet is down. No doubt they'll put something ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 900 Posts
    Blog Entries

Brief note for TalkStraight (Schools Broadband) customers

There's a nationwide outage currently, just in case you're wondering why any services/internet is down. No doubt they'll put something up themselves but if it says you panicking and calling them, this is it. Apparently a huge interconnection failure - poor chaps sounded a little stressed understandably!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 1,036 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by synaesthesia View Post
    There's a nationwide outage currently, just in case you're wondering why any services/internet is down. No doubt they'll put something up themselves but if it says you panicking and calling them, this is it. Apparently a huge interconnection failure - poor chaps sounded a little stressed understandably!
    I noticed this earlier today - all my ZEN customers were not affected BT/Virgin were

Thank Post
    Yes not the greatest of evenings for my support engineers. Especially when I was away in London when it happened.

I'll get an outage report popped up as soon as I get it.

Remember to all of our leased line customers. 1hour of downtime = 1 day of credit so get your compensation claims in !

4. Thanks to SchoolsBroadband from:

synaesthesia (22nd March 2013)

Thank Post
    where will you post it? i would like to see if possible? also as it was a routing issue do you have links to other isp's sites with info?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 900 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'd like to thank @SchoolsBroadband for getting it dealt with so quickly. We were back up by around 8:30 (possibly a little earlier) and thoroughly appreciate that they actually called me back when I left a message, very quickly too and still took the time to explain the problem & it's obvious severity.

And @glennda : entanet's twitter feed and incidents page http://noc.enta.net/category/incidents/ is useful for future reference

Also http://status.coreix.net/services/network---ip-transit

Ouch! Router failure at Enta then basically.
    Last edited by synaesthesia; 22nd March 2013 at 09:28 AM.

Thank Post
    I'd like to thank @SchoolsBroadband for getting it dealt with so quickly. We were back up by around 8:30 (possibly a little earlier) and thoroughly appreciate that they actually called me back when I left a message, very quickly too and still took the time to explain the problem & it's obvious severity.

And @glennda : entanet's twitter feed and incidents page Entanet NOC » Incidents is useful for future reference

Also Coreix Status

Hmm that was my customer which went down - full MPLS/VPLS circuit at around 50 sites offline!

Reading that corix.net report seems Enta buggered up big time and got disconnected. I noticed they went offline at 6:04pm, came back up again at 8:03 then down at 8:12 and backup finally around 8:26.
    Last edited by glennda; 22nd March 2013 at 10:41 AM.

Thank Post
    Enta still appear to be having an issue - with my client at least.

Thank Post
    No problem @synaesthesia,

I've got the outage report now and will post when I'm back at work tomorrow.

I should mention that not all of our customers were affected by this. Only the ones we have placed with Entanet wholesale.

Thanks

Dave

And @glennda : entanet's twitter feed and incidents page Entanet NOC » Incidents is useful for future reference

Also Coreix Status

Thank Post
    Here is a link to Enta's outage report

Thank Post
    Evening all,

I'm now back from London so can commet on this. Enta is one of our wholesale providers therefore this only affected a number of our customers and not our entire base or our own core network.

Enta were hit with a bit of a double whammy, one was a major core network fault and then the next day a line card fault on one of their major ADSL interconnects with BT. See http://noc.enta.net/wp-content/uploa...t-25032013.pdf

We kept our customers informed as best we could as to what was happenign and when and apologise for the inconvenience this has caused. As with all leased line outages every customer can claim compensation and we'll automatically credit this from your last bill. Unlike many providers we pay where 1 hour downtime = 1 day credit.

If you've any questions or concerns do send me a PM or give me a call and I'd be happy to have a chat.

In the mean time it's business as usual

Thank you all for your patience.

Dave

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread