+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
General Chat Thread, Steve Walsh 30 England 3 in General; Originally Posted by 36Degrees Whenever I've listened to Brian Moore or read his comments it is precisely this that he ...
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 36Degrees View Post
    Whenever I've listened to Brian Moore or read his comments it is precisely this that he complains about. There are laws about binding on the shirt not the arm, pushing before the ball's in, putting the ball down the centre, ect. that are routinely ignored at the top level. Also, as he did actually play in the front row, not just in the scrum, I believe he at least speaks from experience.

As I said, England were awful and although there were some strange decisions at the scrum they did not affect the outcome.
    The feed at the scrum has become a joke, and the pushing prior to the ball going in is also a problem. Youngs got pinged for delaying twice on Saturday, but the scrum was moving and the referee seemed to overlook this. Obviously this was not the reason for defeat, because refs get this wrong all the time and often in our favour. It must be a nightmare for the players to know which set of opinions will be imposed, though.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,503 Times in 1,028 Posts
    Blog Entries
    That is a hilarious image @nephilim

Saturday was just embarassing. Genuinely shameful. It put the England team - very promising, but still unpolished - thoroughly into perspective. Rarely have I seen such a trouncing. The reffing was what it was, and you have to deal with it, but we were out-scrummed, out-run and just out-played.

Well played to the Welsh, to come back from that opening first half against the Irish to this is phenomenal. Everyone had them written off after the Autumn Internationals, but they shut their critics up in the best possible way - with actions not words.

And to think that, after that opening weekend, I was heralding this as the best ever Six Nations and pontificating loudly on how the English or the Irish would be lifting the trophy

Thank Post
    WALES WALES WALES !!!!!

Paul

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,069 Times in 625 Posts

Thank Post
    granted Walsh had a bad first half (didn't see him do much wrong second half) but if you really know rugby, you wouldn't be blaming the referee, I haven't been watching rugby long and I know that was a dire performance, we didn't even do fantastic against Italy, we only scored kicks and again, we were lucky to even win that.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,138 Times in 1,034 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew_91090 View Post
    granted Walsh had a bad first half (didn't see him do much wrong second half) but if you really know rugby, you wouldn't be blaming the referee, I haven't been watching rugby long and I know that was a dire performance, we didn't even do fantastic against Italy, we only scored kicks and again, we were lucky to even win that.
    If you know rugby well and the rules almost inside out (I've played for 17 years!) - you will realise that 95% of the decisions around the scrum that were made were either incorrect or inconsistent which is what Graham Roundtree has come out and said. Which even the Welsh guys at the rugby club also agreed. Don't get me wrong i don't think even with those decisions going out way we deserved to win but it is a well known fact that Steve Walsh tends to have an Anti-england approach.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by glennda View Post
    If you know rugby well and the rules almost inside out (I've played for 17 years!) - you will realise that 95% of the decisions around the scrum that were made were either incorrect or inconsistent which is what Graham Roundtree has come out and said. Which even the Welsh guys at the rugby club also agreed. Don't get me wrong i don't think even with those decisions going out way we deserved to win but it is a well known fact that Steve Walsh tends to have an Anti-england approach.
    As I say, I've only really been following it over this past year and still getting there with ALL the rules, I did see a couple of stupid mistakes with the scrum like and yes I have heard he is very anti-English, but all I ever see/hear people saying (not just on Edugeek) is that the ref made us lose this game.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12