+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, My daughter is a virus monster in General; My beautiful daughter is amazing, a smile that cab melt my heart from 50 paces and so much fun. But.....I ...

Thank Post

My daughter is a virus monster

My beautiful daughter is amazing, a smile that cab melt my heart from 50 paces and so much fun. But.....I have had more sickness and bugs in the past 3 months than in the rest of my adult life. Off again today. I do want to teach her to share but this is ridiculous

DT2
    Lakeville, Carleton County, New Brunswick
    Thank Post
    I have 4 disease ridden angels..... They bring allsorts home from school/daycare!
    Love them to bits though.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,379 Times in 1,749 Posts
    Sounds very familiar. Wash your hands frequently, especially after handling!

I became almost neurotic about hand-washing. If I'm not careful I still find myself calling them to dinner with "Toilet and wash hands!" and the youngest is 17 now!
    Last edited by elsiegee40; 13th March 2013 at 05:29 PM.

Thank Post
    Does she go to day care? That's when we first got trouble. Now that I've got kids at 2 school, my job at a different school and my wife working in several different health care settings, we've got pretty good immunity, but I'm sure we do our fair share of cross contamination

Thank Post
    Yes to daycare, got warned we would get all sorts. Wife sounds like she might be getting it (not as bad as me obviously) and she just found out its ofsted tomo. Poor luv.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,041 Times in 1,485 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Daycare is a breeding ground for illnesses. My daughter has a weakened immune system, so as soon as anything goes round nursery, she has to be very careful who she interacts with.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,585 Times in 1,799 Posts
    You should get over it as time goes by. My three are pretty tough and rarely got anything much after the first year at toddler group. Keep boosting her, and your, immune system so that you can all fight things off. I know that scientists say there is no evidence but if I stop taking large doses of vitamin C, I get nasties.

Thank Post
    Large doses of J + D seem to keep the nasties at bay too (not recomended for the ankle biters though)

Thank Post
    oh the fun i regurly get hit by something from the kids at work my list sofar to date,
    flu's
    swine flu
    the killer that be man flu
    mostly the flu family but iv also had menigitus and impendercitus while working in education

Thank Post
    I loved reading this post it made me smile. All I have in terms of children are 2 Salt water bamboo sharks. They're my replacement children. They cost the same but don't nag me at 3am because they cant sleep

Thank Post
    +1 to getting anything from nursery. To top it off I work in a high school and my OH works in a primary school so our house has been like a plague infested hub more times than I care to remember. Wait for the latest outbreak to pass then scrub everywhere. The latest is my little man got bitten from another little animal at nursery today so he'll probably have rabies by the time I pick him up this afternoon.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,268 Times in 861 Posts
    I'm on a mission at the moment to get my little one to throw away her used tissues. I have no idea where the habit came from (certainly not me or mum) but she just blows and drops. I'm constantly walking around picking up tissues everywhere I go, drives me insane! Thankfully working in a school toughened up my immune system since I used to have a very weak one, but occasionally it still slips thanks in no small part to my tissue-trail monster!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LosOjos View Post
    I'm on a mission at the moment to get my little one to throw away her used tissues. I have no idea where the habit came from (certainly not me or mum) but she just blows and drops. I'm constantly walking around picking up tissues everywhere I go, drives me insane! Thankfully working in a school toughened up my immune system since I used to have a very weak one, but occasionally it still slips thanks in no small part to my tissue-trail monster!
    I don't have this issue as our Westie wolfs them down whenever they get dropped

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread