+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
General Chat Thread, Career change to IT in General; Thanks guys for your valuable inputs. I am going for MTA certification (Microsoft) to brush up fundamentals before choosing a ...

Thank Post
    Thanks guys for your valuable inputs.
    I am going for MTA certification (Microsoft) to brush up fundamentals before choosing a specific field that I assume would be either in Networking, Cloud computing or Security.
    I assume it will be tough to start afresh after but some one said "The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, delearn, and relearn."
    So I m off to a new journey.........

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,375 Times in 1,672 Posts
    @shergill
    Good Luck!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Miscbrah View Post
    I don't know if it's now as 'do-able' as it was about ten years back, but I also wanted a career change to support IT. I cut my teeth with the then MCDST (Miscrosoft Cert) and running my own little no-fix-no-fee home PC callout repair business to get some experience in. You'll need SpyBot, Malwarebytes, a Windows disc or two and a big flight case full of spares.
    Hi, I have been thinking about doing something like this myself for a while now mainly just to give me something to do more than anything else. It's very difficult for me to get employment because of a disability I have so the idea of setting up some kind of home PC callout service sounds good. I can get software like Spybot and Malwarebytes and I do have Windows discs, may I ask what you were using the Windows discs to do? I assume it was incase you had to reinstall a version of Windows onto someones PC which if so would bring me to ask about licencing and activation these days and is it a case of just using peoples product key that is on their machines already?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12