+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
General Chat Thread, Anything against the use of personal equipment in schools. in General; Originally Posted by elsiegee40 the use of cameras on personal devices is banned (training given to explain why) and there ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by elsiegee40 View Post
    the use of cameras on personal devices is banned (training given to explain why) and there is plenty school photographic equipment available instead.
    Not being awkward, just wanting to know as I find it much easier to snap pictures of serial/part numbers with my phone than to scribble them down - but is there a reason for this apart from not wanting kid's pictures on personal devices?

Quote Originally Posted by philwaud View Post
    if he is a professional then he wont have it full of un suitable material, or unlicensed software
    ME: I don't think you should have that (blatantly torrented) copy of *film that at the time hadn't had a UK release* on your school laptop.

SENIOR TEACHER: Oh, XYZ (SMT at neighbouring school) gave it to me...

Quote Originally Posted by fairm010 View Post
    Chazzy: Yes the whole school is SMART interactive. The tricky chappy had bought a smart notebook license for his personal machine for home use before I joined the school, so I cant play that card.
    Have you checked the serial number? It's not a cheap license!

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,156 Times in 1,595 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LeMarchand View Post
    Not being awkward, just wanting to know as I find it much easier to snap pictures of serial/part numbers with my phone than to scribble them down - but is there a reason for this apart from not wanting kid's pictures on personal devices?
    It's about protecting yourself. All it takes is a child saying "Mr X was taking photos of us..." when actually you were taking a picture of a broken laptop and suddenly things can go horribly out of control.

We insist all staff use school equipment for photography, separating their school and personal lives. The photos you take may be innocent, but if you routinely use school equipment there is no room for mistake. If investigated, staff's own equipment will be clear of images of the children and allegations can hopefully be dealt with much more quickly. It's no good thinking it wouldn't happen to you because it could. Our H&S manager comes in 1 day a fortnight. One of the kids reported a strange man taking photos in the playground... it was quickly dealt with... he was concerned with a dodgy looking tree and was taking pictures on a school camera.

3. Thanks to elsiegee40 from:

LeMarchand (28th February 2013)

Thank Post
    It's about protecting yourself. All it takes is a child saying "Mr X was taking photos of us..." when actually you were taking a picture of a broken laptop and suddenly things can go horribly out of control.
    Good point. I'm pretty sure that it's not something I do when kids are around (in fact, I try to avoid ever going near the little darlings) but better safe than sorry. It's sad though that the few perverts make life difficult for the majority of upstanding citizens.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,156 Times in 1,595 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LeMarchand View Post
    <snip> in fact, I try to avoid ever going near the little darlings <snip>
    Even more reason to take care then. It's the strangers that the kids are most likely to comment on.

Thank Post
    It's the strangers that the kids are most likely to comment on.
    Hey! I'm not that strange-looking!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12