+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
General Chat Thread, Ofsted vs Network Managers in General; Originally Posted by TronXP We don't have ofstead but ISI, in the last inspection the inspectors wanted to see that ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,181 Times in 1,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TronXP View Post
    We don't have ofstead but ISI, in the last inspection the inspectors wanted to see that we had backups of the schools MIS system and that we could pull a childs record up from a few years back. Was strange as we have never had contact with the inspectors in the past.
    That's an interesting one. When were you inspected? We got done by ISI in December 2011 and that never came up.

Thank Post
    One of my schools has Ofsted in yesterday and today. It's so quiet! The support staff are laughing and smiling. The teachers are looking harrassed.

I was given an Inspection Questionnaire for school staff this morning, but given that they usually want it to be in on the first day of the inspection and we're now on day 2 then that's probably not worth completing cos they won't have time to look at it.

The school website is bang up-to-date and, given that the number of visitors to it doubled on Tuesday, I'd say the inspectors were probably on there getting information about the school and that's about all I will have contributed to the inspection. :-)

Thank Post
    It was late 2011 I think, it was a rather strange request and took the head by suprise, I was hauled into his office and asked to show the inspector that it could be done.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    My favourite situation with ofstead was that no salaries were in CMIS as they did not want the CMIS admin one of our team to see them this was along with other staff records.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kaphc View Post
    One of my schools has Ofsted in yesterday and today. It's so quiet! The support staff are laughing and smiling. The teachers are looking harrassed.

I was given an Inspection Questionnaire for school staff this morning, but given that they usually want it to be in on the first day of the inspection and we're now on day 2 then that's probably not worth completing cos they won't have time to look at it.

The school website is bang up-to-date and, given that the number of visitors to it doubled on Tuesday, I'd say the inspectors were probably on there getting information about the school and that's about all I will have contributed to the inspection. :-)
    Funny you should say that about the logs on the websites, we too experienced a higher than normal visit rate on ours, now they are in.

Thank Post
    Whats more funny is the fact I heard from some one who "Knows it all" that Ofsted don't bother with the website and ONLY care about what's printed out. Then again this was a guy who is set in his ways and a dictator.

Thank Post
    going through ofsted atm, had two things over yesterday and today both before 8am, not even been called again, very quiet. all my paperwork and website editing is getting done.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hardtailstar View Post
    going through ofsted atm, had two things over yesterday and today both before 8am, not even been called again, very quiet. all my paperwork and website editing is getting done.
    First day for us today. Its very quiet for all support who ive spoken to today

Thank Post
    Just make sure you meet the latest legislation changes (Sept2012) for compulsory school info displayed on website... if not you may get a visit (if the site is your responsibility). Otherwise, be aware of your disaster recovery protocols, esafety & safeguarding policies, and your AUP, then put your feet up & make a brew knowing your prepped for anything they're likely to ask you should they deem it fit to doso.

Jus North of London, close but not too close
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post

I never understood why they didn't have their own support to sort out such an issue.
    Probably outsourced to call center.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Marci View Post
    Just make sure you meet the latest legislation changes (Sept2012) for compulsory school info displayed on website... if not you may get a visit (if the site is your responsibility). Otherwise, be aware of your disaster recovery protocols, esafety & safeguarding policies, and your AUP, then put your feet up & make a brew knowing your prepped for anything they're likely to ask you should they deem it fit to doso.
    Disaster Recovery policies... checked
    Esafety and safeguarding handled by deputy
    AUPs displayed in all rooms that students have access to computers

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by timbo343 View Post
    Funny you should say that about the logs on the websites, we too experienced a higher than normal visit rate on ours, now they are in.
    I think I read somewhere that the school website is now one of the first ports of call for Ofsted inspectors to find out about the school and pull off relevant information. It makes me wonder whether if a school monitors its website visitors on a really obsessive basis, it could spot an impending Ofsted inspection because of a spike in the logs (either that or its snowing!)

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,181 Times in 1,616 Posts
    As a school governor, I was told that the only information that the school can be judged prior to the visit is the school website and the Raise Online report and that Ofsted will use these to come up with the inspection focus points.

Lack of information on the website is as damning as having the wrong information there. Every school needs to make sure that its website is giving the hard sell on what it is doing right, particularly in terms of ensuring pupil progress and the vulnerable groups.

The school where I am governor is certainly keeping an eye on the website usage as we are expecting Ofsted.

My employing school, an independent, has to provide everything electronically for ISI (Independent Schools Inspectorate). We had one inspector whose lack of computer literacy caused me and our head of preschool no end of grief. The rest though were fine.

Thank Post
    Check out Evaluating your School Website | Clerk to Governors to ensure your website is up to scratch...

15. Thanks to Marci from:

kaphc (2nd May 2013)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Marci View Post
    Check out Evaluating your School Website | Clerk to Governors to ensure your website is up to scratch...
    We have the majority of points on that site on ours . Fingers crossed

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast