+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
General Chat Thread, Disappointed at Millgate Service in General; Since I seem to be having a fruitless time getting items that are faulty replaced. My first issue, I don't ...

Thank Post

Disappointed at Millgate Service

Since I seem to be having a fruitless time getting items that are faulty replaced.

My first issue, I don't expect to wait 6 days for an item to be picked up (today is day 6), even though they were meant to be collected 4 days ago, and then I still need to wait for the replacement to ship, I now have a department without the item even after a week oh halt term!

My second issue (not the same as above)I also don't expect that when I agree to buy a different product to replace the other faulty goods, that these items that are "next day" still aren't here after 3 days (not including the weekend). And the originals are still in my office because no one has arranged to collect them! So I'll probably end up paying for goods, then having to get a credit note, which forces me to spend money with Millgate again, which after all the above problems I don't think I want to.

I am not missing 3 computers in a department because it is impossible to get a product replaced or delivered, and being told everyday that it is a courier problem isn't good enough, I don't choose the couriers, if the courier is lying to you everyday, then that isn't my problem either.

I've emailed my account manager again this morning telling them, about these problems, and they are on annual leave now (so after 4 days of messing about trying to get this problem resolved, I can't even contact them anymore and my problem still exists)

Thank Post
    Whilst I can appreciate your frustration, if you only emailed the Account Manager this morning and he is on holiday, then you can't really expect a response from them by 8.30am. I'm sure they will do everything they can to resolve your problem which is not typical. Have you tried calling them?

Luke is my contact and I have found him to be very helpful.
    Last edited by laserblazer; 25th February 2013 at 08:36 AM.

3. Thanks to laserblazer from:

Millgate (25th February 2013)

Thank Post
    Sorry

I emailed them Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Everyday the excuse is the courier.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,453 Times in 1,899 Posts
    Blog Entries
    If the item has been shipped, and the courier has it, then what could Millgate do about it, realistically? If its left their hands, then they are at the mercy of their courier.

With the pick up, I'd say that is on Millgate to get solved - if the company is letting them down, they need to use someone else.

I can completely understand your frustration though.

Also, when my account manager is on leave, my emails are picked up by someone else on his behalf, meaning they still get dealt with.

WRT the credit note - I think you're supposed to get a credit note/new invoice anyway, as this means you have a proper audit trail. If you don't do it, and just have different equipment, an audit will pull up the discrepancy and you won't have a document to prove the change.

Thank Post
    The issue with the credit note will be it will arrive after both invoices have arrived, meaning we can't use it on the second "order" that was replacing the faulty goods.

If I hadn't been buying replacements, then my replacements wouldn't have even been shipped yet because they haven't collected the old ones. If the courier Millgate uses isn't any good, then they should be chasing them, there is nothing I can do but yet the school loses out. There isn't even a tracking number available for the items.

I apologise for offending everyone by complaining when a supplier has let me down, and then after days still hasn't resolved the problem even though I have been contacting them directly.

Might as well close and delete this thread, I'll just keep waiting and cross my fingers because mentioning it here seems to stirr up the equivalent of fan boys.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Achandler View Post
    Sorry

I emailed them Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Everyday the excuse is the courier.
    I appreciate that and it is most annoying, I just feel that a phone call to Millgate might be more beneficial. With regards to couriers, I know for a fact that they often don't bother turning up at schools during holidays and then claim there was no-one around. Give Luke a call and I'm sure he'll get it sorted for you (unless it's Luke who is on holiday)

Edit: Just seen your reply. When we get credit notes our Bursar simply deducts the amount from the account. If a company ships the wrong or defective parts that need to be returned, they will often wait until they have them back before issuing a credit note, otherwise they might not see the returned goods.

There are a lot of Millgate fans here but we would be as cross as you if the same happened to us. I was just trying to be helpful.
    Last edited by laserblazer; 25th February 2013 at 09:07 AM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,453 Times in 1,899 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Achandler View Post
    The issue with the credit note will be it will arrive after both invoices have arrived, meaning we can't use it on the second "order" that was replacing the faulty goods.

If I hadn't been buying replacements, then my replacements wouldn't have even been shipped yet because they haven't collected the old ones. If the courier Millgate uses isn't any good, then they should be chasing them, there is nothing I can do but yet the school loses out. There isn't even a tracking number available for the items.

I apologise for offending everyone by complaining when a supplier has let me down, and then after days still hasn't resolved the problem even though I have been contacting them directly.

Might as well close and delete this thread, I'll just keep waiting and cross my fingers because mentioning it here seems to stirr up the equivalent of fan boys.
    It isn't being a fan boy to highlight that sometimes it is indeed beyond the supplier's control. Yes, Millgate have let you down, but you also have to appreciate that there are often mitigating circumstances.

Calling someone a fan boy for offering comment that dissents from your own view is basically just trolling for trouble. I'm not a fan boy, I'm someone who offered comment.

With the credit note, I can't see that being an issue - the office in the school won't pay anything until you tell them to, so the credit note will still arrive before any payment is made, and its just applied to the account.
    Last edited by localzuk; 25th February 2013 at 09:10 AM.

9. Thanks to localzuk from:

Thank Post
    Hi guys,

No, I'm not on holiday

@Achandler, I am sorry you have had this service. Could you give me a call and we'll get it sorted straight away for you?

It's very frustrating when these things happen as I generally don't know about them until they appear on here. I'm the account manager to the majority of "Edugeekers" so usually it's either me or one of my team that look after you but sometimes, like this, it isn't the case.

Anyone can give me a call or drop me an email at anytime if they have issues but hopefully this is a one off as my clients will tell you

Luke

Thank Post
    We deal with Luke and he's on the ball, as are his public sector team. We've never had the problems like you've mentioned but then this might be down to the account manager as opposed to the company (though one reflects on the other).

As you say, its certainly frustrating but i'm sure if you give Luke a call he'll do his best to get you sorted out and try find a resolution for you

12. Thanks to RTFM from:

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,379 Times in 1,675 Posts
    It does sound a bit of a nightmare but Luke will sort it out I am sure.

14. Thanks to witch from:

Thank Post
    I think @Achandler is been unfairly treat here! he is just explaining his dealings with this company, like 100's do. Just because Millgate is a sponser does not mean they should be dealt with differently.

I would be the same, the delivery of the item is millgate's to sort not mine! if he/the college are new customers as it would seem I would expect the service the first few times at least to be above and behond.

my 2pence worth anyway....

PS Millgate and Luke have always have been pleasent to me and sorted out a quote!
    Last edited by RichB; 25th February 2013 at 10:22 AM.

16. Thanks to RichB from:

Thank Post
    I think we all said the same thing, we shared his frustration and annoyance but it was unusual for Millgate to screw up and to talk to Luke about it. The OP then had a pop at us but we took it on the chin

18. Thanks to laserblazer from:

RTFM (25th February 2013)

Thank Post
    All sorted now. I've spoken to Achandler and the collections will be happening today and the new case will be there tomorrow.

I'm sorry it had to come to this but if anyone EVER has any issues, please drop me a email etc and I'll look into it for you. I hope this won't put anyone off using us as I can assure you, this is a one off

20. Thanks to Millgate from:

Rawns (25th February 2013)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,618 Times in 1,448 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RichB View Post
    I think @Achandler is been unfairly treat here! he is just explaining his dealings with this company, like 100's do. Just because Millgate is a sponser does not mean they should be dealt with differently.

I would be the same, the delivery of the item is millgate's to sort not mine! if he/the college are new customers as it would seem I would expect the service the first few times at least to be above and behond.

my 2pence worth anyway....

PS Millgate and Luke have always have been pleasent to me and sorted out a quote!
    No-ones been treated unfairly by anyone and everyone hat has replied to this thread have just offerred their opinions on the situation regarding their ownepxectations and dealings, if a Mod or Admin altered the page or deleted things just because Millgate are a sponsor that would be diffrent.

Ben

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by plexer View Post
    No-ones been treated unfairly by anyone and everyone hat has replied to this thread have just offerred their opinions on the situation regarding their ownepxectations and dealings, if a Mod or Admin altered the page or deleted things just because Millgate are a sponsor that would be diffrent.

Ben
    I think he got a negitive response from fellow edugeekers that would not have come if it had not been Millgate thats my thoughts about it.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast