+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
General Chat Thread, What phone would you get? in General; ...
    Thank Post
    Xstreamer mobile, 5" screen, dual SIM, unlocked....£199. Then get a talkmobile SIM for £1.83 a month

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,444 Times in 991 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Nexus 4 Nexus 4 Nexus 4

Just got mine a fortnight ago and it is gorgeous, fast and responsive, beautiful screen (to the point that I am actively checking webpages on it in a quiet moment, instead of only using it as a last resort as I did with my Sony X10 Mini Pro), plenty powerful and a damn sight better value than an S3. I paid £105 to get it for £15.50 a month with o2, though the £6-off a month may have ended. Or get it direct from Google for £240/£280, if you don't mind waiting.

The 5" 1080p models look like they are going to eat battery alive, and I'm not sure there's much benefit to be had with PPI as high as it is already. 4.7" feels too big at times anyway - I have pianist's fingers and I have to stretch to hit controls at the top of the screen.

In summary: Nexus 4 Nexus 4 Nexus 4

Thank Post
    I have the S3 now and I love it. I have had an Iphone 4 in the past but now I don't think I would look back. Really fast, can root easy and load my friends custom roms and make it look as nice as I want. Got all the apps the apple stuff has and many more.

Thank Post
    I am really, really happy with my Huawei u9200 ascend. Its not glam like a samsung, or pretty like an HTC but it is fast, uncomplicated and not full of bloatware. The only downside is that it is only available from phones 4u. Although I have to say there customer service has been perfectly good every time I've had to contact them.

Thank Post
    really supprised by the lack of apple in this thread.

i am considering moving myself. although i would fiddle too much with android and want a phone to "just work"

my iphone 4 is 2 years old and works like a charm still. i cant think of much of a sensible reason to upgrade other than *new toy*

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by One_Minute_Hero View Post

i am considering moving myself. although i would fiddle too much with android and want a phone to "just work"

my iphone 4 is 2 years old and works like a charm still. i cant think of much of a sensible reason to upgrade other than *new toy*
    My HTC Sensation is coming up to 2 years old just works too, but we all like new toys dont we

rad
    Thank Post
    I dont use the phone to its full extent mainly because it keeps running out of space, so have no paid Google apps.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by One_Minute_Hero View Post

You'd be surprised at just how much faster an iPhone 5 feels in general use compared to an iPhone 4. My girlfriend has a 4 while I have a 5 and whenever I use her phone for something, it feels so sluggish!

As to what phone I'd recommend, I wouldn't. I'd say to go to CarPhone Warehouse and have a play with what's there and see what you like the most. If you're coming from Android already, it may make sense to stick with Android if you've spent significant money on apps (My primary reason for staying with the iPhone). Whatever high end phone you get, whether it be an iPhone, Android, Windows Phone or maybe even a new Blackberry, you're going to get a good phone with a lot of features.
    Last edited by Norphy; 4th February 2013 at 03:12 PM.

Thank Post
    personally im all for the iPhone

Thank Post
    In my biased opinion I would go for the iPhone every time.

My last iPhone (3Gs) lasted me 3-4 years and I upgraded to the 5 due to the 3Gs becoming unsupported on alot of new apps.
    Would say it is alot more manageable price with a contract and depending on what size of memory you get, you will still need to pay something upfront.

Thank Post
    I would say S3 it can do much more than a iphone5 50 Reasons Why Galaxy S3 Is Better Than iPhone 5 - YouTube

Thank Post
    I'm still on an HTC HD2, but might be tempted if one of these was actually available and at a not-too-silly price: The Windows 8 Phone.

13. Thanks to LeMarchand from:

SYNACK (8th March 2013)

Thank Post
    I would say it's all personal preference, I love my iPhone 5 and couldn't do without it, I've been with Apple for 4 years now and it has never failed me/never had to send it back or had any problems with it, but I have friends that have the S3 which is pretty much exactly the same, just different operating system.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonofsanta View Post
    Nexus 4 Nexus 4 Nexus 4

Just got mine a fortnight ago and it is gorgeous, fast and responsive, beautiful screen (to the point that I am actively checking webpages on it in a quiet moment, instead of only using it as a last resort as I did with my Sony X10 Mini Pro), plenty powerful and a damn sight better value than an S3. I paid £105 to get it for £15.50 a month with o2, though the £6-off a month may have ended. Or get it direct from Google for £240/£280, if you don't mind waiting.
    I have a Galaxy Nexus, but my fiancee recently got the N4. Direct from Google it was £250 for the 8GB version. It's got one of the fastest chips currently on the market, the screen is lush and it's going to have all Android updates first. Plus it runs vanilla Android, so none of that TouchSenseBlurScape rubbish.

That would be the obvious first choice, IMO.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LeMarchand View Post
    I'm still on an HTC HD2, but might be tempted if one of these was actually available and at a not-too-silly price: The Windows 8 Phone.
    You have one of the invincible phones... no need to upgrade, your phone runs Windows phone 8...

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast